If you could add one thing to your tank, what would it be?

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a leopard blenny! since they are one of the most difficult fish to keep due to their coral-eating diet, arguably more difficult than the Harlequin filefish. they are not only hard to come by but also do not last more than a couple months in captivity.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a leopard blenny! since they are one of the most difficult fish to keep due to their coral-eating diet, arguably more difficult than the Harlequin filefish. they are not only hard to come by but also do not last more than a couple months in captivity.
Those are cool fish!! Stinks they only last a couple months though

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine you could add one thing to your tank (fish, coral equipment etc.) what would it be and why? Maybe it is a fish you have been wanting for a while but is hard to come across, or maybe it's an equipment upgrade to help maintain your tank better. Curious to see what everyone's thoughts are!
I really want to get one of these wrasses: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheek-lined_wrasse
It is supposedly available on the aquarium trade and yet I have NEVER seen one for sale, nor did any of my lfs'es manage to find/order me one.

Secondly to that would be a tridacna gigas with nice coloration. I saw live blue 15+ year old one for sale on ebay a couple years back for $2500 (I think it was 2.5-3 feet across?), but it was literally on the other side of the USA, not to mention I didn't currently have a setup available for it even if it was. Unfortunate :loudly-crying-face:

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'd love to have a high end light I could put on my evo. Lighting upgrades have been my biggest consideration and money is tight, so I'm still on the stock light, which grows fine but doesn't show well. Alas!

Otherwise, a nice middleish sized tank. I'm looking at you 40 gallon.
I've been messing around with diying one via stuff bought from a firm called Chanzon on amazon (yes, chinese I guess lol). The 100w royal blue led's I got from them... ARE WAY TOO POWERFUL lol. But they have lower wattage leds, it might be worth looking into buying all the pieces you need from them or suppliers like them. I also realize E26 sockets that are sold can be fitted with blue bulbs that are also sold on amazon. Spectrum is ~460nm which will do the job. I got 4 sockets for ~$20 and two 23 watt bulbs for $9. The lighting looks great. The sockets + bulbs are definitely way easier than the diy fixture, but even the diy fixture was surprisingly easy.

LadAShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if they would eat blue clove polyps? If you really want one, and they _did_ eat blue cloves, you could probably make something work in a species specific tank

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if they would eat blue clove polyps? If you really want one, and they _did_ eat blue cloves, you could probably make something work in a species specific tank
that would be nice, and if that were the case i would immediately go to my lfs and ask for a clove infested rock, but unfortunately they specifically eat sps, might be worth a try though.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Persistence is key, is what I say :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Yep. It wasn’t big, but I recently persuaded the wife (marriage is about give and take-she got a whole bunch of new plants out of the deal) and added a 22 gallon cube AIO to go along with the 60. We called it my anniversary present lol

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a 300+ acrylic tank with closed loops in a peninsula style . My dream live stock would be a mix of high end lps , softies and a diversity of fish and inverts. All kinds of tangs , pyramid butterflies , fairy wrasses , school of chromis , banghais , pijamas. I love schooling fish . Everything automated . I would love to have all aspects automated as i have to travel frequently.

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. It wasn’t big, but I recently persuaded the wife (marriage is about give and take-she got a whole bunch of new plants out of the deal) and added a 22 gallon cube AIO to go along with the 60. We called it my anniversary present lol
I have done that on the past i sponsor a visit to get new plants then we go to the lfs and get some fish or toys.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back