If you could be captain of any Syfi spaceship in tv or movies, which do you choose?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. I bet he was picking up some LEDs for Jabba’s reef. Ironic that later when Han was frozen in carbon that Jabba used chucks of the block to carbon dose his tank.
I figured he'd use the carbon Han and put some zoas or encrusting monti on it and have it grow over that :p !!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite sci-fi universe is Firefly/Serenity... but honestly, would you want to captain a point of sale like that?

Big ships, huge crews, everything done by committee... count me out. That eliminates star destroyers, big ST ships like Enterprise... if I were going to run a ship, it'd be a one man ship... maybe two. Long range, fast, maneuverable...

Perhaps an Aethersprite class interceptor with a hyperdrive docking ring?
Obi-Wan_hyperdrive_ring.png

Truth be told, I'd rather toss back a pint at the Green Dragon with Merry and Pippin than any of the space age stuff :)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite sci-fi universe is Firefly/Serenity... but honestly, would you want to captain a point of sale like that?

Big ships, huge crews, everything done by committee... count me out. That eliminates star destroyers, big ST ships like Enterprise... if I were going to run a ship, it'd be a one man ship... maybe two. Long range, fast, maneuverable...

Perhaps an Aethersprite class interceptor with a hyperdrive docking ring?
Obi-Wan_hyperdrive_ring.png

Truth be told, I'd rather toss back a pint at the Green Dragon with Merry and Pippin than any of the space age stuff :)

I wonder what PAR level the Eye of Sauron emits? Could he grow SPS?

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would have to say the Defiant, but this was a tough choice! I also really like the Falcon, Serenity, Moya(from Farscape) and the ship from the show Dark Matter, but I can't remember the name right now. Gosh, are we all geeks or what?
The Raza.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, the Heart of Gold would be pretty sweet too... but not the one from the movie. Yuck.

Description in the book... looks like a tennis shoe. In the movie? Looks like a golf ball. I despised that movie... excepting perhaps Snape, doing the voice for Marvin the paranoid android :p

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or, Elon Musk's Tesla...

HeavyFalcon2.JPG

All night this Tesla in space has me thinking of the old Heavy Metal movie. The song has been in my head for hours. Clearly Musk was a fan.

astro-vette.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or, Elon Musk's Tesla...

HeavyFalcon2.JPG
I believe the title of the thread is aimed at Science Fiction, not Science Fact ;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back