If you could change one thing about your tank...

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not added pulsating xenia when I started out. I was told it would spread and was a thug..and it has .. and it is. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought about it. Moving an established 210g tank to get the sump out of the stand doesn’t really sound fun or realistic to me. What I have contemplated is bypassing the under the stand sump and installing a new sump in the basement, but I can’t seem to bring myself to let my hand built acrylic sump in the stand go to waste.
That was my idea, bypass to the basement. Can't remove the front or side panel and slide it out? Fish room in the basement would be nice

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have sold everything before I moved, and started over.

Moving a 210 gallon tank was a huge project, and a few setbacks caused me to lose most of my livestock, and all of my corals. Took almost 2 years to get back where I could devote time, energy and money to the tank, and I havbe 210 gallons of hair algae to clean!

But, I am motivated, documenting my progress to stay honest, and working on it every day!

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not use Oolite sand... Worst mistake I made when setting up the tank...
Whenever I do my big tank, I'll probably go bare bottom...

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not use Oolite sand... Worst mistake I made when setting up the tank...
Whenever I do my big tank, I'll probably go bare bottom...
Whats wront with that? That's super fine? I have always thought fine sand looks nice.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats wront with that? That's super fine? I have always thought fine sand looks nice.
It does..... But....... My tank (and future tank) is an SPS tank. Th flow requirements for SPS is not really compatible with Oolite. The sand just blows into the corners and ends up in a pile with bare spots everywhere.
The second problem is, the sand can and does compact easily. Having sand sifting stars or Tigertail cucumbers is almost mandatory to keep things from going completely anaerobic. The issue THERE is, it takes time to develop enough of a biomass to be able to support either the stars or cucumbers..

Like I said... My biggest mistake...

reefs4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely a bigger tank! I have a Marineland Deep Dimension 150G but the 300G would have been a lot nicer. I had a 210G previously and really miss a 6 foot tank because I was heavy on fish and it was nice to see them swim back and forth. I think I'll have to shoot for an 8 or 10 foot tank in the future lol

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a separate cabinet for contollers, power supplies and cables...i like it neat and organized, but it took to much space in my tank stand and removing one item that goes wrong is not practical

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have NOT added the four @#!##, #$@@!!$%%-$#1%%, Azure Damselfish!

They are pure evil from the pits of hell.

They harass and chase any new fish that is even remotely their size from one end of the tank to the other - non-stop - ultimately resulting in their death.

I hate them

I wish I could reach in the tank, grab them out, fling them to the floor and squash them under the heal of my bare foot... what a happy day that would be.

BTW, did I mention that I hate them?

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have NOT added the four @#!##, #$@@!!$%%-$#1%%, Azure Damselfish!

They are pure evil from the pits of hell.

They harass and chase any new fish that is even remotely their size from one end of the tank to the other - non-stop - ultimately resulting in their death.

I hate them

I wish I could reach in the tank, grab them out, fling them to the floor and squash them under the heal of my bare foot... what a happy day that would be.

BTW, did I mention that I hate them?
I have some yellow tails....Very terrorizing, they even try and attack me when I am cleaning the glass..."biting the hands that feed them:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back