If you could keep a prehistoric fish?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
617
Reaction score
563
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could keep a prehistoric species as a aquarium pet, what kind would you want to keep and what size tank do you think it would require? I'm a big fan of Dunkleosteus, but with it being around the size of a great white shark it would need 5-10 million gallons of water. A smaller option would be trilobites, they look super cool and come in varying sizes.
 
If you could keep a prehistoric species as a aquarium pet, what kind would you want to keep and what size tank do you think it would require? I'm a big fan of Dunkleosteus, but with it being around the size of a great white shark it would need 5-10 million gallons of water. A smaller option would be trilobites, they look super cool and come in varying sizes.
odontopleurida and lichida would be amazing trilobites to keep
 
Do you think I can fit another Megalodon in my tank or is the Megalodon-Police going to get me, if I do?
0df149d2-c14c-4208-8eef-bb236075397e.png
 
A Meg would be an upgrade to my current GW system. Hardest part is finding frozen seals.
Thawing them out really stinks though.
I could feed the GW to the Meg but frozen GW's are hard to come by, lol.
Guess I would need a tank/ocean upgrade also, lol.
Feeding can be challenging.
shark.gif
 
Last edited:
Does it have to be a fish? If not, then I'd love to keep some eurypterids!

The most-ancient animals I keep at the moment are bichirs.
 
Does it have to be a fish? If not, then I'd love to keep some eurypterids!

The most-ancient animals I keep at the moment are bichirs.
I'd say anything prehistoric that exists solely in the water, eurypterids are always cool looking. Imagine having a giant underwater scorpion as a pet.
 
Does it have to be a fish? If not, then I'd love to keep some eurypterids!

The most-ancient animals I keep at the moment are bichirs.
Your profile pic looks like it could be a candidate itself as well 😁
 
Meh you can all have your fish.
My pterodactyls would eat them all.
 
🤔 Though... you will find errors in my post. Just waiting for somebody to point them out. Sorry if I made any of you amateur or professional paleontologists cringe. Like asking ad disc golfer what kind of frisbee they use.
 
I actually had a freshwater Lungfish for many years… they’re not great pets, as they get massive, and pretty much constantly hide!
They are definitely cool fish(es). My roommate had several of them years ago and other than feeding time, the only time they would move is to come up for a breath... and that was rare. 😅
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new