If you could start over with your system what would you do different and why?

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have a 150 gal tank that is not drilled for a overflow box. I have 2 drilled outlets that drain into my sump but I have to keep my return pump turned down so the drain can keep up. I would much rather have a overflow box. I will never make that mistake again.

Barryrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few years ago went with a JBJ 28 Nanocube. The size of the tank itself is not that bad but I wish I had never gone with the all-in-one. Miss having a sump (used to have a 50 gallon long w/sump).

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the only thing different would be acrylic rods thru my rocks to get better/taller scapes and to keep the rocks entirely elevated off the sandbed

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never thought of the acrylic rods through rocks. Neat idea.
Companies even make kits you can buy now for easy scaping.
composit%203.jpg

Gladfelter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would organize my electrical better. Also I would have built a canopy ahead of time

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have gotten a 120 instead of a 90 gallon. I also would have never put a frag rack on my glass. It scratched the heck out of it when I would move the rack around.

I also would have resined the inside of my aquarium stand and hinges. After 6 years the poly is loosing the battle.

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had I've known I would have enjoyed upgrading from a 90 to my 120 as much as I have I would have went 180 or larger,I should have known that as long as I have been in the hobby.Oh well we'll see what the future holds...:squigglemouth:

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I should have gotten a custom 400gal instead of my 210gal that seems too small now

OP
OP
D

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had I've known I would have enjoyed upgrading from a 90 to my 120 as much as I have I would have went 180 or larger,I should have known that as long as I have been in the hobby.Oh well we'll see what the future holds...:squigglemouth:

I feel ya. When i upgraded from a 96 to a 150 for the first little bit i was like this tank is HUGE but after about a year now im like i need a bigger tank. LOL

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would've gotten the largest tank I can fit through my stairs from the get-go.

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Quarantine everything. Fish, corals, inverts, plants. 2. Grit my teeth and buy the more expensive (and easier to use) controller. 3. Take more time and think things through.

OP
OP
D

dustinw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Quarantine everything. Fish, corals, inverts, plants. 2. Grit my teeth and buy the more expensive (and easier to use) controller. 3. Take more time and think things through.

Yep this was my issue to. I wanted things and wanted them then, i wish i would have took more time and thought things through also. But we live and learn i guess. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back