If You Had to Get Rid of One Fish in Your Tank, Which One Would it be and Why?

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if one day you were told you had to get rid of one fish in your tank for whatever reason it may be, what would be that one fish that you have to get rid of and why would you choose that one fish?
1)Undulate triggerfish. I had donated it 3 yrs ago but it comes back again and again and now I am thinking of enthanize it. I got it again yesterday and it is in my 60 gallon qt. It is so aggressive that it wants to break the glass and come out. It always gets struck under the rock,weird fish fish:loudly-crying-face:

2) I added a new salfin tang(2nd in My 370 tank) yestday. For now it is the most aggressive fish and the problem is I hv introduced all the tangs together and now it is new so it does not know rule of my tank. If it not start to behave I hv to get rid of it :)

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My captive on is out all the time. Usually begging for food by swimming over and staring at me on the side where my computer is. Even photo bombed when I was just trying to get a pic of the hasslets goby.

Was yours wild or captive? Jw

4E600491-21DC-498E-91FC-55E4D38C5962.jpeg

8E0FA893-2984-440C-AE9C-0A0BDF1DFD74.jpeg
I have no clue if it was wild or captive bred. It had no problems eating and wasn't picked on. Just had zero desire to be social.

collins.jason.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are they evil?
They started off small and cute enough when the wife asked me to get a pair of them. They just grew into such mean bullies. They terrorize everything they can. So they are the reigning royalty in the tank, as I am not going to completely drain it just to get them out. Not yet anyhow...

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a maroon clown I got because I hoped it would help my foxface be braver. It hasn't and it just sits in the back corner and sometimes comes out to mess up the sand or chase away another fish. I thought it was a pretty fish but I just don't notice it.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redhead Goby, I rarely see it. I saw it two days ago after about three weeks. I want to see my fish, heck, the pistol and ywg take regular half tank hikes!

Cyanohater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont think I could but valentini puffer, he likes to nip at small zoa heads. but it's not bad enough to make me realistically consider this.
What if one day you were told you had to get rid of one fish in your tank for whatever reason it may be, what would be that one fish that you have to get rid of and why would you choose that one fish?

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them all but probably my male lyretail. He bullies the blue flasher wrasse. Nothing bad but he sticks to 1 side of the tank now and doesn't display across the whole tank anymore.

Next is probably talbots damsel only because it's mean to new additions. Other fish keep them in check and it always ends up completely docile--just a bit annoying after a day or 2

Last would probably be lawnmower blenny for solely selfish reasons. Would want to try a bicolor. He used to bully the clown goby but has since stopped but still have a bit of resentment for him lol

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have the largest, meanest yellow tail damsel in the world. This guy is an easy 4" and is an absolute menace to anything that I try to add to the tank. He's smart, too. I've tried to catch him many times with no success. However, I've been able to catch basically every other fist in my tank, inadvertently.

I would probably pay to get this fish out of my tank, but only if it were going to a suitable home with other demonic fish. I've had him for probably 10 years, at least. This fish will never die, and will never allow new tank mates. Ironically, he gets along just fine with the other fish that have been in the tank as long/longer than he has.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My damsel (fully grown adult) was a real jerk. Terrorized my clowns and bullied anyone new.

Long story short: he died after being moved to an emergency holding tank during a major leak. Turns out he and a beautiful sleeper head goby were both electrocuted by a faulty emergency heater overnight.

I had thought about removing him in the past but I was pretty sad when he died. I tend to miss the jerks (be it livestock or pet) when they are gone the most.

Kathy7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimond back goby… I named him dozer. Haha He is great at keeping the substrates clean so I will have to replace with lots of sand dwelling critters.
But this guy keeps the water a little cloudy and the rearranging of my stock. Moving so much sand and topples my Gorgoniums and makes my rocks unsteady.
PS my 1 1/2” hermit crab he knocks everything over also.
I have bought a fish trap and both will go to the fish store.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my wife....

My purple tang.
Beautiful fish, but, the dang thing tries to slap me everytime I work in the tank. I'm half trying to see what I'm doing and half trying to see where it is. So most of the time I'm fumbling around working in the tank and knocking things over.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wonder why people still get damsels that arent springers... i have a springers and he is amazing! i love him! hes super good at pest control and not really agressive just protective of his hidey hole. i already got rid of my fish i would get rid of. otherwise all of my fish are great!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back