If You Had to Get Rid of One Fish in Your Tank, Which One Would it be and Why?

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve got 2 that will be leaving shortly. At least leaving my display.

1-Harlequin Tusk - I want shrimp in the tank again and he only lets a coral banded shrimp live. And I’ve seen him move some corals on the sand bed.
2-Hippo tang - I’m 97% sure it’s her taking corals off the frag rack and carrying them around the tank and dropping them. On other corals, in hard to reach places, in hard to find places. I pretty much have to take a coral inventory each day and then hunt down the ones she’s tossed.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bonded pair of 4 stripe damsels. They are so evil they will go after my Yellow Tang until the Tang strikes them and they flee. They harass my 2 Clowns but momma chases them away. They don't seem to bother my File Fish or Flame Hawk. I would like to add another fish and I believe I have the room in my 75 but the Damsels will kill anything I add so I won't.
I should have done my research. found this on the web after purchase of course.

Are four stripe damselfish reef safe?

They are not recommended for reef aquariums where they will share space with peaceful reef inhabitants. Damsels will accept just about any type of marine based diet you offer them.

Edit, I have had these fish for close to 5-7 years.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This vedio says a lot about demsel fish,attacking lionfish with it's tail

Attachments

• 2900780-0c2ac0a07560c05bd88ae6315bd11eaa (1).mp4
    17.5 MB

Gyarados

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d probably go with my diamond goby. He is notorious for making new burrows EVERY DAY. He is like Picasso and the sand bed is his canvas. Although I like how my sand stays clean because of him, my sand sitting corals don’t. I tried giving him small shells for souvenirs but it ain’t enough for him as he has to take a random zoa frag each night into his new burrow. Caught him in the act as well IDK if video will load.

Melanie D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown pair. They are aggressive, territorial and bite me when I do maintenence on the tank. They are already separated out from the rest. I had to put them in the refugium.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown pair. They are aggressive, territorial and bite me when I do maintenence on the tank. They are already separated out from the rest. I had to put them in the refugium.
I feel like this is a common response I'm seeing with clown fish haha

Signalhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting rid of a fish is like getting rid of an ugly child just because its ugly (I have a ugly nephew). But believe me those dominos damsel are the devil!!!!

SeeGeeSea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bonded pair of maroon clowns not it's not so much their aggresson to everybody else including me when my hand is in the tank, but I could also because I could get rid of the BTA that has split at least 12 times and put more corals. I'd really like to put the two of them in a 30 with the BTA.

Reeftanktraveler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue chromis is the tank jerk. I’ve had him for over a dozen years now and I keep looking up how long he’ll live cause I need him gone. I know he killed the other chromis. He now spends his day harassing my blue jaw trigger. I’m assuming it’s because they are the same size. The trigger is the nicest fish to everyone, but spends half the day defending itself. I wish I had the heart to get rid of a fish I’ve had so long. I guess I’m just stuck.

bun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1-Harlequin Tusk - I want shrimp in the tank again and he only lets a coral banded shrimp live. And I’ve seen him move some corals on the sand bed.
2-Hippo tang - I’m 97% sure it’s her taking corals off the frag rack and carrying them around the tank and dropping them. On other corals, in hard to reach places, in hard to find places. I pretty much have to take a coral inventory each day and then hunt down the ones she’s tossed.

I

I’d probably go with my diamond goby. He is notorious for making new burrows EVERY DAY. He is like Picasso and the sand bed is his canvas. Although I like how my sand stays clean because of him, my sand sitting corals don’t. I tried giving him small shells for souvenirs but it ain’t enough for him as he has to take a random zoa frag each night into his new burrow. Caught him in the act as well IDK if video will load.
I feel your pain. I just got one. It has totally rearranged my tank. It kicks up dust, knocks over corals. It has taken every one of my hermit shells and either buried them, or used them for construction. The diamond can't stand to see anything on the sand and it is like it is compelled to go hide it. It even picks up shells with hermit crabs in them and then goes and buries them. It is like Oscar the grouch sitting in his trash pile. Judging everyone as they go by it's burrow. I also have a smaller prawn goby that I'm trying to pair with a pistol shrimp. The diamond chases it around the tank anytime they are close to each other.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my 4’ tank I would get rid of my Ctenochaetus binotatus, purely because it’s another rather dull fish most of the time, although it can sometimes change its colour pattern it’s doesn’t always do it.

And in my 3’ tank I would get rid of my Macropharyngodon bipartitus, purely because I prefer the negrosensis and this girl is starting to show dominance.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back