if you use a hob filter

Hosscooper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other hob filter died and I invested in a seachem tidal, which i really like. Thanks to ergodyne for the suggestion. So now that i have installed it what can I put in it? Right now it just has the sponge and the rock matrix in zipper bag . In my old filter I had a sponge one filter pad for lowering nitrates and algone for phosphates. The basket on this thing is huge comparatively. Not that I want to stuff it full but what are some other suggestions for use in a hob filter?

john472

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just run carbon and floss letting the aqua clear (point of sale)* 110 hob act as a skimmer. The design sends water from the bottom up the floss catches it and clear water comes out. The Sun canister filter acts as a holding place for my dr tims bacteria. Crushed pukani and the full dose as per directions in the bottom tray and boom the bacteria is fed at the source. Every tank is different but so far its worked. Cleaned out and refill/dose the canister no issues. Two bags of carbon no UV unless the bacteria get crazy. Two sections of floss one large the other fine.

*Who ever designed it needs to go back to school its waaaay to heavy for the thin plastic lip that holds it to the tank. Still going to run it till it dies or I get a sump..

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 20L I have an AC70 with an intank media basket with a filter pad, chemipure elite on the bottom, and purigen and a bit of filter floss on the top. Works like a charm.

Back