If you were to restart, what would be your DT dimensions this time around?

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking of starting up a new system as my current 90g dt just feels too small to me. My old system years ago was a 210g (standard 6 footer) and I am considering jumping back up in size again.

What are your favorite dimensions for your DT? If you were to restart, what would be your new ideal setup?

Post pics if you have them of your favorite DT setup size.

Last edited:

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always big on going wider but my current tank and probably very long term tank set up is 72x36x22. The deeper depth is a major gamechanger in how I see my tank. A lot more pleasing to my eye and anyone who visits

OP
OP
DavidinGA

DavidinGA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was always big on going wider but my current tank and probably very long term tank set up is 72x36x22. The deeper depth is a major gamechanger in how I see my tank. A lot more pleasing to my eye and anyone who visits

Pics?

I should have added - add pics if you have them!

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aw man I love my 90 - I can aquascape some super tall branches and still have a ton of swimming space.

My next upgrade (when I can afford it) is going to be a 220 8 footer. Already have the spot for it!!!!

I've always loved the rectangular tanks vs. the square. I don't care to have a tank in the middle of a room, always in a corner or up against a wall, so the square shape doesn't work for me in that situation

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have a custom tank built with a dual drop-off. The 1/2 of the tank would be 24" deep, with a level at 36" deep, and another level at 48" deep. I'd have it 96" long and 36" wide. Of course, I'd love a 5,000 gallon tank if my money were unlimited, but in reality, the dual drop off is something I could reasonably achieve :-D

Edit: In a peninsula style in case that was needed for clarification...

Last edited:

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics?

I should have added - add pics if you have them!
Not the greatest picture since its from a video and no fish in it due to a fallow period

Attachments

• WILLTANK3.jpg.png
    WILLTANK3.jpg.png
    637.3 KB · Views: 25

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back