ifarmer's 45g reef tank

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2012
Messages
1,347
Reaction score
251
Location
Hawaii USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All.
I was out of the hobby the last few years and just recently got back into the hobby.

I am going to document all the steps of this setup so that I can look back and see the progress.

thank you all.



Let it begin.....



1651149466883.png
 
Last edited:
Drawer in stand is briliant idea.....
 
My light is a cheap Nicrew classic for $40. It grows macro algae and
coralline well.
In my 45g sump I put dead live rock in and the light works well at coloring it up.
20220418_153038.jpg

20220328_160053.jpg
 
some updates since a few weeks ago.
  1. Removed sand
  2. swapped out the sump and skimmer
  3. added some chRomis


this is a few weeks ago.
1655313475190.png


Bought this from someone on craigslist on a great deal.
1655313503146.png

1655313521146.png

1655313537032.png


1655326939301.png
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new