Iffy’s Crowdsourced Build

iffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R-

Thanks for stopping by my our build thread, hope this little project is fun and exciting for myself and the community here!

MY BACKGROUND
I’ve been reefing for about 5 years now, but like many of my fellow reefers, I have trouble deciding what to actually do with my builds. Do I do a macroalgae tank like @Tigahboy or a minimalist build like @Roberto Denadai - there are so many things to choose! I build digital products like websites and mobile apps for a living, so I’m used to things being pixel perfect. Since perfection in reefing is impossible, and I’m too indecisive about my next project, I thought it would be fun for us to build as a community.

THE IDEA
Let’s crowdsource a reef tank! I’ll post a series of polls and let the community vote on everything that goes into the build: the tank size, equipment, aquascape, stocking, etc. I’m thinking that each poll with consist of a 3-5 options with tiered costs.

So far I’m think we can collectively decide on the stuff below, but would appreciate any additional suggestions:

• Tank: AIO, Sump, Canister filter, Drilled vs Undrilled?
  • Equipment: heaters, power heads, pumps, skimmer, lighting, etc.
  • Stand: DIY vs Brand?
  • Fish stocking
  • Coral stocking: macroalgae, nps, mixed, sps, lps?

Let’s get building!
-iffy

Last edited by a moderator:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back