Illegal waffles

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a bigger scam around than these Facebook “waffles” spring up all over?

See a coral, 20 spots @$20, $400 net, one winner gets coral, sender makes $400, if it dies or doesn’t make it, you refund winner there $10, send makes $390 on a coral that may have been dead in the first place.

Please don’t participate in these, illegal in most states, and some of the shadow’s characters around participating, get caught, change there name and repeat.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
is there a bigger scam around than these Facebook “waffles” spring up all over?

See a coral, 20 spots @$20, $400 net, one winner gets coral, sender makes $400, if it dies or doesn’t make it, you refund winner there $10, send makes $390 on a coral that may have been dead in the first place.

Please don’t participate in these, illegal in most states, and some of the shadow’s characters around participating, get caught, change there name and repeat.
Facebook is a scam overall :p

No idea what these "waffles" are, but scammers gonna scam, protect yourself and buy in person, frag meets/swaps, vendors etc.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You had to go there!!!
Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

OP
OP
W

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s code word for raffle. How basement sellers sell corals, 20 spots, 20 a spot, spin the wheel, winner gets coral. Literally someone will get a coral in freshly imported, and raffle or “waffle” it off two days later and someone thinks they got a steal because they only spent $20 to win it

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have someone here that was, ‘Waffling off,” a Frag Tank, on Facebook, in local Reef Club post. He was pretty aggressive, and no mention of how many spots, he was allowing. Told him, via private message, what the State Law was, as we raffled off a Bookshelf and Credenza we restored at work. The money was going to Charity. We nearly got in trouble because the paperwork wasn’t done. He got nasty with me

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually against Facebook rules too. Any selling of animals, or gambling can get groups closed and members banned.
Which is why they started using "waffle" (and then "wauction") to fool the FB mod-bots.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%

Back