IM 10gal Reef Fish Stocking suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter anizato
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

anizato

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2014
Messages
170
Reaction score
35
Location
Oakland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

Looking for advice, input, steer in the right direction, inspiration and schooling! So let 'er rip

My tank currently has about 6 or 7 Sexy Shrimp and a Cleaner Skunk Shrimp. You can see my Aquarium Journal. In addition to these Shrimp, I am thinking of going one of several routes.


1st Possibility:

Yasha Goby
Tailspot Blenny
Tanaka Wrasse
Red Firefish
more Sexy Shrimp


2nd Possibility:

Sand Sifting Goby
Pistol Shrimp
Starry Blenny
Six Line Wrasse


3rd Possibility:

Tanaka Wrasse Super Male
3 Tanaka Wrasse Female
Sand Sifting Goby
Tailspot Blenny
 
In a 10 gallon tank with that many shrimp, I think 2 or maybe 3 fish is it. I would skip the pistol shrimp as it will not get along, and may try to eat all the other shrimp in there. Tank is too small for a sand sifting goby IMO. Also probably too small for wrasse as they will starve after they hunt your copepods to extinction. Firefish is a solid choice. Yasha goby would be good. A royal gramma would be a nice addition.
 
I’d swap the starry lenny for a bicolor…
2nd, probably a shrimp too many
I like Carribean masked gobies
 
can
Hey all

Looking for advice, input, steer in the right direction, inspiration and schooling! So let 'er rip

My tank currently has about 6 or 7 Sexy Shrimp and a Cleaner Skunk Shrimp. You can see my Aquarium Journal. In addition to these Shrimp, I am thinking of going one of several routes.


1st Possibility:

Yasha Goby
Tailspot Blenny
Tanaka Wrasse
Red Firefish
more Sexy Shrimp



2nd Possibility:

Sand Sifting Goby
Pistol Shrimp
Starry Blenny
Six Line Wrasse



3rd Possibility:

Tanaka Wrasse Super Male
3 Tanaka Wrasse Female
Sand Sifting Goby
Tailspot Blenny
can I ask where u got the info to come up with these lists?
 
Definitely get a tailspot blenny. They are full of personality! I'm glad you didnt mention clowns in any of your options, they suck IMO :p
 
Definitely get a tailspot blenny. They are full of personality! I'm glad you didnt mention clowns in any of your options, they suck IMO :p
CLOWNS ARE GREAT :(
but
they can be
Dog Show GIF by Westminster Kennel Club
<female dog...
 
Hey all

Looking for advice, input, steer in the right direction, inspiration and schooling! So let 'er rip

My tank currently has about 6 or 7 Sexy Shrimp and a Cleaner Skunk Shrimp. You can see my Aquarium Journal. In addition to these Shrimp, I am thinking of going one of several routes.


1st Possibility:

Yasha Goby
Tailspot Blenny
Tanaka Wrasse
Red Firefish
more Sexy Shrimp



2nd Possibility:

Sand Sifting Goby
Pistol Shrimp
Starry Blenny
Six Line Wrasse



3rd Possibility:

Tanaka Wrasse Super Male
3 Tanaka Wrasse Female
Sand Sifting Goby
Tailspot Blenny

I would forego the sixline, mine is still a juvenile but I can see spikes of aggression in him. If you must add a wrasse, a possum could work
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new