IM 14 Peninsula Mighty Jet Vibration

Tinfoil_Anemone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I just setup a smaller Peninsula tank to compliment my Fusion Pro 2 30L. Problem is the 326 GPH Mighty Jet return pump is making the worst droning, or humming sound that seems to get amplified through the cabinet I built. I can hear it across the house when it is quiet and when I put my ear up to the glass it is extremely loud... I am a little worried about going forth and stocking this tank if it is going to bother the fish. The pump itself is sitting on a silicone mat, connected to the elbow joint with silicone tubing... however if I put my hand on the acrylic divider wall it is vibrating intensely where the elbow joint goes through and into the DT. I am not sure if it's where it it making that connection with the acrylic wall but it feels like it or if the pump is just loud as hell because of the tiny chamber it Barely fits into. I see alot of posts online about it bit they are all addressed at fixing the issue which I will try.. I don't know how but will keep trying different methods. However MY main concern is the fish being in that environment and also the integrity of the seals until I can get it figured out. The picture is of the small return chamber... and that elbow feels like it is the main source of vibration... any ideas?

john92708

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I just setup a smaller Peninsula tank to compliment my Fusion Pro 2 30L. Problem is the 326 GPH Mighty Jet return pump is making the worst droning, or humming sound that seems to get amplified through the cabinet I built. I can hear it across the house when it is quiet and when I put my ear up to the glass it is extremely loud... I am a little worried about going forth and stocking this tank if it is going to bother the fish. The pump itself is sitting on a silicone mat, connected to the elbow joint with silicone tubing... however if I put my hand on the acrylic divider wall it is vibrating intensely where the elbow joint goes through and into the DT. I am not sure if it's where it it making that connection with the acrylic wall but it feels like it or if the pump is just loud as hell because of the tiny chamber it Barely fits into. I see alot of posts online about it bit they are all addressed at fixing the issue which I will try.. I don't know how but will keep trying different methods. However MY main concern is the fish being in that environment and also the integrity of the seals until I can get it figured out. The picture is of the small return chamber... and that elbow feels like it is the main source of vibration... any ideas?
maybe try adjusting it so it doesn't touch the acrylic wall? I have the same 14 IM peninsula fusion 2 setup on my desk and I was surprised how quiet the DC pump run. there's no vibration and run silence for me. my pump is setup at an angle if that help

OP
OP
Tinfoil_Anemone

Tinfoil_Anemone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 3 Mightyjet pumps and all were nearly silent. Have you tried contacting IM?
Yea I did they just said wait for it to break in but it's been up for a while now I'd think it's broken in at this point lol. I was planning on calling Monday again if no change or I can't figure it out.. do you have them in large tanks or are they in a tiny little compartment like mine?

OP
OP
Tinfoil_Anemone

Tinfoil_Anemone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe try adjusting it so it doesn't touch the acrylic wall? I have the same 14 IM peninsula fusion 2 setup on my desk and I was surprised how quiet the DC pump run. there's no vibration and run silence for me. my pump is setup at an angle if that help
Interesting.... would you mind providing a picture If you can so I can try that perhaps??

john92708

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.... would you mind providing a picture If you can so I can try that perhaps??
here you go
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 8.20.16 AM.png

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back