IM 20 AIO tank pump enough power?

coloradoreefer94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2025
Messages
44
Reaction score
15
Location
Longmont, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an Innovative Marine 20 gallon AIO tank (not the pro version) and on the website it says it comes with an adjustable 130 GPH DC Return Pump 5W/24V.
The pro version comes with the Desktop MightyJet 15W/24V 326 GPH DC Return Pump w/ Controller. I noticed the pump I have has less than half of the mightyjets GPH on the pro version. Will I need to upgrade to the mightyjet or will my tank have enough filtration with the stock 130GPH pump? I also currently have the hygger mini powerhead which pushes 1600 GPH.
 
As long as you are not relying solely on the pump for flow in the tank it will be fine in my opinion.
 
It’ll be fine. If you do upgrade the pump, there are a number of good options. I’ve used this Jebao DCW-1500 on my IM15 over two years without issue. It is better than the stock 130. You can set it lower. It makes no noise. You have a feed button. Not sure if you have a controller for the setup. I have the mini hygger and this mounted on the side of cabinet by each other. Makes it easy.

That said, you will have to make change in the hoses and this isn’t plug/play with the stock return setup.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new