IM 25 Lagoon Stand

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhile ago I had to tank my tank down due to working for big orange and not being home to take care of it. Now I am going to start it back up and I’m looking for a stand for the IM 25 lagoon which is almost impossible to find. Does anyone have any ideas? Also has anyone used the aps stand that bulk reef sells? Is it worth the price when it comes back in stock?

Last edited:

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had mine up and running I purchased a really nice rolling tool cabinet from home Depot. It has a sealed solid wood top. A pullout drawer for storage and swing out cabinet doors for storage. Worked great and when I took it down the cabinet was repurposed for it's intended use. I put my ato container in the cabinet and drilled small holes for tubing. Also had all my controllers in there hidden as well.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it is a AIO tank, you could simply find some furniture that would work, look at the scratch and dent stuff, if they have a huge scratch on top it will be cheap and would not matter to you.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Awhile ago I had to tank my tank down due to working for big orange and not being home to take care of it. Now I am going to start it back up and I’m looking for a stand for the IM 25 lagoon which is almost impossible to find. Does anyone have any ideas? Also has anyone used the aps stand that bulk reef sells? Is it worth the price when it comes back in stock?
I just got the IM 40g long with APS stand. The APS stand is worth its weight in gold. It is very easy to assemble and dissemble. It looks amazing, and it won't rust or warp.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the IM 40g long with APS stand. The APS stand is worth its weight in gold. It is very easy to assemble and dissemble. It looks amazing, and it won't rust or warp.
I can’t find anyone who has the aps stand in stock…I take that back I’ve found one place but they want $500 not happening.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I ended up going with but I’m going to beef up the inside with some 2x4. Like this guy did in the second picture.

Attachments

• IMG_5203.png
    IMG_5203.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5204.png
    IMG_5204.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 59

Bakedpwn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i built my stand for like 50 or under using screws, paint and 2x4s. its for a nuvo fusion 15 AIO

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that I’m just not good with wood…if it was metal no problem. This is what I went with I got it for $60 on sale. It’s pretty sturdy but I’ll still make a frame inside just to be safe and to add places for controllers and dosing pump.

Attachments

• IMG_5231.jpeg
    IMG_5231.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 93

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back