IM 30L lighting question

Huynhter_Soldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm planning on getting and slowly setting up a IM 30L. My question for lighting is what would be a good light for a shallow tank. I was planning on either doing 2x xr15 or a 32" photon v2. Would this be to powerful for the shallow tank? Also is the ap700 even a good light as an option as well? Any info or experience is appreciated!

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on getting and slowly setting up a IM 30L. My question for lighting is what would be a good light for a shallow tank. I was planning on either doing 2x xr15 or a 32" photon v2. Would this be to powerful for the shallow tank? Also is the ap700 even a good light as an option as well? Any info or experience is appreciated!
What kinds of corals are you looking into keeping? I think based on the corals you want, you can find a light that is convenient.

reefjon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of those lights are good options. I had two ai prime 16hd over mine and I could grow pretty much everything. A PAR meter would help you pinpoint intensity. It is sort of tricky with shallow reefs.

OP
OP
Huynhter_Soldier

Huynhter_Soldier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Both of those lights are good options. I had two ai prime 16hd over mine and I could grow pretty much everything. A PAR meter would help you pinpoint intensity. It is sort of tricky with shallow reefs.
That was my main reason since it's so shallow.

Dedicated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just an option

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back