IM 50 Lagoon equipment question…

grr410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just some questions regarding equipment for the IM 50 Lagoon…

1. Would one MP10 or Nero 3 be sufficient for a reef tank?
2. Would you run one XR15 or AI Prime 15 or do I need 2 of each?

Thanks in advance!

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the aio or overlfow 50g lagoon?

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owned that tank for quite a while before upgrading. You'll absolutely be fine on both if using the radion. The AI not so much. Especially with lps/soft. The tank if I remember is like 28' long by 18" deep of actual useable space. Your not going to be growing coral on your glass...

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going back and forth between two AI 16hds or one radion xr15 gen 6 pro. After speaking with BRS reps, reading reviews/forums, and watching videos I decided on the radion for my IM EXT 50g lagoon with the expectation of only softies and LPS in most of the tank. Some SPS towards the top/center.

I went with one mp10 for flow And I have a strong return pump to help. I hope not to have to get a second one, but will see how things go before humoring the idea.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going back and forth between two AI 16hds or one radion xr15 gen 6 pro. After speaking with BRS reps, reading reviews/forums, and watching videos I decided on the radion for my IM EXT 50g lagoon with the expectation of only softies and LPS in most of the tank. Some SPS towards the top/center.

I went with one mp10 for flow And I have a strong return pump to help. I hope not to have to get a second one, but will see how things go before humoring the idea.
Yep. You can always add later on. You're a year away from starting to see growth that may cause shading issues. By then you'll be ready to go bigger. Exactly why I chose the radion for the reason it will upgrade to a bigger tank easier than the AIs.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back