IM aquashield 9 watt UV experience?

August 9
algae-aug09.jpg


September 8
algae-sept08.jpeg


I added the 11W AquaShield to my back chamber. I also did numerous other steps, including 2 to 3 times a week I manually removed as much algae as I could find, additional cleanup crew, dosing phyto and copepods, and adding a tailspot blenny. Hard to say if anything specific did the most work, or if it was a combination, or if it was just a matter of letting the tank mature, but I keep the UV filter in the back chamber because I don't see it hurting anything.
 
August 9
algae-aug09.jpg


September 8
algae-sept08.jpeg


I added the 11W AquaShield to my back chamber. I also did numerous other steps, including 2 to 3 times a week I manually removed as much algae as I could find, additional cleanup crew, dosing phyto and copepods, and adding a tailspot blenny. Hard to say if anything specific did the most work, or if it was a combination, or if it was just a matter of letting the tank mature, but I keep the UV filter in the back chamber because I don't see it hurting anything.
Nice to see work and perseverance pay off
 
I have the Hygger drop in and the IM UV. I like the Hygger better. I only use it when need.
What Hygger drop in version are you using if you don't mind sharing a link / name? Is the UV exposed to the sump silicone and such? Thx
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new