Im bored, lets see some 60 gallon cubes!!

Preston's_Waters

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
62
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking into getting a 60 gallon cube for my second tank and I want to see what R2R has done with their 60 gallon, If you really want to you can list the corals, lighting, fish, filtration, Etc.

Feel free to put you tank in here even if it is not a 60 gallon cube, and have fun!

Thanks for all of the images and experiences, I bet I'm about to see some great builds!!!!!
 
Following!
 
40 gal IM AIO cube.
3 hammers
2 torches
purple zoa frag
gsp on back wall and in front a lil bit
rose bubble tip nem
1 duncan
1 alveopora frag

AI prime 16-upgrading light soon
filter sock
fiber balls
used to run carbon but my corals weren’t growing. since i’ve removed it growth has skyrocketed, especially the duncan, it’s pushing out a new head every month.

IMG_4316.jpeg IMG_4319.png
 
Last edited:
40 gal IM AIO cube.
3 hammers
2 torches
purple zoa frag
gsp on back wall and in front a lil bit
rose bubble tip nem
1 duncan
1 alveopora frag

AI prime 16-upgrading light soon
filter sock
fiber balls
used to run carbon but my corals weren’t growing. since i’ve removed it growth has skyrocketed, especially the duncan, it’s pushing out a new head every month.

IMG_4316.jpeg IMG_4319.png
Love the anemones and torch! How old is the tank?
 
Thank you. They're aquacultured frags that I purchased from a local reefer back in Nov and Dec '23
 
32g Biocube, over two and a half years old.
F08691BC-55E5-4309-9D71-8A8BDBD1B56D.jpeg
Dude, I saw and read your tank thread a couple weeks ago, and it has got to be my favorite.

Coolest 32 gallon bio cube ever.

Btw where did you buy that from, Facebook, R2R? Looking to buy a cube of some sort for next tank
 
Dude, I saw and read your tank thread a couple weeks ago, and it has got to be my favorite.

Coolest 32 gallon bio cube ever.

Btw where did you buy that from, Facebook, R2R? Looking to buy a cube of some sort for next tank
Thank you for the kind words. I got it from Amazon.
 
ok, taking notes
If you get one and have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. I think filtration and light modifications are described in my thread. Happy reefing!
 

Nice! Curious- how long were the goniopora and leather toadstool in this setup?

Fell into the category of 'goni did well first couple months then simply declined..'. They're my favorite coral and would absolutely love to try again. The idea of softies having a negative effect on gonis gets floated around occasionally. There is a large toadstool leather in my setup and that makes me wonder sometimes. Your setup makes me wonder and gives hope.
 
Nice! Curious- how long were the goniopora and leather toadstool in this setup?

Fell into the category of 'goni did well first couple months then simply declined..'. They're my favorite coral and would absolutely love to try again. The idea of softies having a negative effect on gonis gets floated around occasionally. There is a large toadstool leather in my setup and that makes me wonder sometimes. Your setup makes me wonder and gives hope.
I got the goni in Nov '23, was about a golf ball size and now it's more like a tennis ball. It seems to like nutrients much like the toadstools do. I feed a bit heavy cus I got 3 fish in there an all the inverts and coral seem to appreciate. The toadstool is like 5-6 years old, it was given to me by a local reefer who was breaking down his tank, pretty hardy and I've not seen it shed or stress.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new