Im doing something wrong and not sure what.

Then it also grew the weird blob on one side
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2413.jpeg
    IMG_2413.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 72
Holy Quasimoto! That's an unusual growth pattern on that colony.

Bad Santa GIF by Wellington Paranormal
Very strange looking.
I think it’s kinda like what happens with mushrooms when they “bounce” idk. It’s wild looking when it’s puffed up tho
 
I think it’s kinda like what happens with mushrooms when they “bounce” idk. It’s wild looking when it’s puffed up tho
I'm thinking genetic defect or cancerous growth, but as long as it's living and growing its ok in my book.
 
OP Im curious to see if you resolved your cyano?
Yes mate its looking great now thank you. Got my nitrates up and phosphates and all went away with some manual removal, never to return. Running nitrates at 14 and phos at 0.10. Slowed down on the floss cleaning and fed some reef roids slowly until it was all stable. I have SPS and gonis now.
 
Yes mate its looking great now thank you. Got my nitrates up and phosphates and all went away with some manual removal, never to return. Running nitrates at 14 and phos at 0.10. Slowed down on the floss cleaning and fed some reef roids slowly until it was all stable. I have SPS and gonis now.
Awesome! I ask because I have a 2 month old tank thats carpeted in cyano but coral are happy and growing nice. I just needed some hope that it'll go away eventually haha. I know it will since my tank is so young. My nutrients are about the same.
 
Awesome! I ask because I have a 2 month old tank thats carpeted in cyano but coral are happy and growing nice. I just needed some hope that it'll go away eventually haha. I know it will since my tank is so young. My nutrients are about the same.
What i used to do was… Might be terrible but 2 weeks later it was gone. Elevate the nutrients like you have, turkey baste blast the rocks, using a poker of some type scrape the surface sand layer of cyano sand into all 4 corners, net it out into a jug, Rinse with boiling water and let soak for 20, then rince under the hot tap mixing the sand as the cyano floats out and over the top, when totally clean rince with RO or some fresh salt water, back in the tank and spread out. Used to let the cyano build up nice and thick over 3/4 days on the sand then do this. Clean floss every turkey baste session.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new