Im doing something wrong and not sure what.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it also grew the weird blob on one side

Attachments

• IMG_2413.jpeg
    IMG_2413.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 31

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s kinda like what happens with mushrooms when they “bounce” idk. It’s wild looking when it’s puffed up tho
I'm thinking genetic defect or cancerous growth, but as long as it's living and growing its ok in my book.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Noy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP Im curious to see if you resolved your cyano?
Yes mate its looking great now thank you. Got my nitrates up and phosphates and all went away with some manual removal, never to return. Running nitrates at 14 and phos at 0.10. Slowed down on the floss cleaning and fed some reef roids slowly until it was all stable. I have SPS and gonis now.

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes mate its looking great now thank you. Got my nitrates up and phosphates and all went away with some manual removal, never to return. Running nitrates at 14 and phos at 0.10. Slowed down on the floss cleaning and fed some reef roids slowly until it was all stable. I have SPS and gonis now.
Awesome! I ask because I have a 2 month old tank thats carpeted in cyano but coral are happy and growing nice. I just needed some hope that it'll go away eventually haha. I know it will since my tank is so young. My nutrients are about the same.

OP
OP
G

Gavin Noy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I ask because I have a 2 month old tank thats carpeted in cyano but coral are happy and growing nice. I just needed some hope that it'll go away eventually haha. I know it will since my tank is so young. My nutrients are about the same.
What i used to do was… Might be terrible but 2 weeks later it was gone. Elevate the nutrients like you have, turkey baste blast the rocks, using a poker of some type scrape the surface sand layer of cyano sand into all 4 corners, net it out into a jug, Rinse with boiling water and let soak for 20, then rince under the hot tap mixing the sand as the cyano floats out and over the top, when totally clean rince with RO or some fresh salt water, back in the tank and spread out. Used to let the cyano build up nice and thick over 3/4 days on the sand then do this. Clean floss every turkey baste session.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back