IM Drop Off Panorama Build #waywardropoff

IMG_5146.jpg


IMG_5147.jpg


IMG_5148.jpg


IMG_5152.jpg


IMG_5153.jpg
 
Some macro shots of some of the corals I got from @Joe Knows Reefs pre-father's day live sale (2020). First time doing a live sale online, was a pretty cool experience. Thanks to joe and his family/team for the great additions to my nano build and thanks to @revhtree and the rest of the team at R2R for hosting. Looking forward to seeing everything grow out and fill-up the tank.

WWC Super Space Monkey Favia
IMG_5161.jpg

Joe's Mind Bender Favia
IMG_5162.jpg

Joe's Jigsaw Favia
IMG_5163.jpg

Hulk Favia
IMG_5164.jpg

WWC Incredible Hulk Leptoseris
IMG_5165.jpg

Jason Fox Raja Rampage Chalice
IMG_5167.jpg

Jason Fox Insane Sunset Stylophora
IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5169-2.jpg

Jason Fox Blueberry Blast Hydnophora
IMG_5210.jpg
 
Added a couple new pieces today...a nice elegance coral and another Setosa....also decided to frag my bubblegum digitata and spread it around a bit....overall tank is still doing well.
MVIMG_20200904_191919.jpg

IMG_20200904_193612_556.jpg

MVIMG_20200904_192135.jpg
 
Well it has been nearly three and a half months since my last post/update.... A lot of things have been going on and I haven't been able to do much with the tank other than maintain... wife's mother was diagnosed with stage two cancer and then my father had a stroke... with my wife and her family still being up in Canada travel hasn't been very cooperative and 14-day mando quarantines definitely don't help... all things equal.... My wife's mother is doing much better and my father is slowly adapting to his new normal...

all that said, I have not added anything new to the tank in over three and a half months and it has been pretty much on autopilot.... I had stopped doing water changes back in September when all this happened and wanted to kind of see how things would go.... I tested water yesterday for the first time and as long as I can remember...

My nitrates and phosphates were undetectable, My pH and alk were still good... pretty much the only thing that couldn't keep up with demand by using only all for reef was my calcium uptake so I will be adjusting accordingly... overall everything is doing pretty well.... I walked by earlier today and actually caught a glimpse of one of my trochus snails perched high on the rocks and spreading his seed... I have found a couple smaller baby trochus snails the other day so I guess this has been going on for a bit... was able to get a small video and a couple photos.... here's one below. For now I just have to take photos with my phone and coral vur lenses.... no more fancy photos for a while I had to get rid of my camera gear to help with expenses...

Sure hope 2021 is better!

PXL_20210103_222501363.MP~2.jpg
 
Can we get a full tank shot?
 
I realize that this thread is going on 2 years old. I am setting up a tank just like this - what was your canister setup and what Media are you using?
 
Nice build wayward. I have the same tank. Do u have any problem with the chaeto flowing over into the return area?
 
Nice build wayward. I have the same tank. Do u have any problem with the chaeto flowing over into the return area?
don't run the fuge in the back chamber anymore....but i could see how that could be an issue...could use an eggcrate cover...or put the chaeto in a custom caddy?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new