IM EXT plumbing

odstar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
369
Reaction score
148
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you don’t know IM tanks have ready made plumbing which is great but the design of the plumbing has the sump sitting in the middle of the stand. I would like to alter the prefab piping to where I can position the sump far left or far right.

If anyone has done this please send me a DM and or if anyone has some pointers in getting it altered please feel free to message me thank you
 
I am considering doing this soncurious what you find out. Looks like you gotta just cut/extend the horizontal piping.
 
The pipes are all in standard US pipe size. It's very possible. I am considering this for mines. If you would like to work on this together i can help.
 
The pipes are all in standard US pipe size.
In this case, you can easily move things around!

It’s just a matter of extra elbows and pipe lengths, assuming the factory IM plumbing on each specific tank doesn’t paint you into a corner with multiple cemented fittings abutting one-another…
 
I dont think you can do that. Mine is ext 200 and sump have to stay in the middle so it sits on braces. There are no support on the sides. I can't put even kalk stirrer on the sides their stand design is pretty bad.
 
I dont think you can do that. Mine is ext 200 and sump have to stay in the middle so it sits on braces. There are no support on the sides. I can't put even kalk stirrer on the sides their stand design is pretty bad.
When building the stand you can adjust the bottom braces. Sliding them to the side of your choice and locking them down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new