IM Fusion Nuvo 20 - Back at it!

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive been MIA for about a year, my last setup was a IM Nuvo 30 cube, and I really liked it aside from their skimmer, never could get it dialed because it didnt fit properly. Anywhoo, cant wait to start it up and get wet!

Equipment wishlist so far -

Lighting - ATI Sirius X1 or X2
Powerhead - MP10
Heater - Cobalt Neo-Therm
Skimmer - ATB Nano Skimmer? =P
Controller - Most likely an APEX

21724639614_fe4e26853b_b.jpg

reefmadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running this exact tank currently with two AI Primes, the desk top ghost skimmer, upgraded racks, upgraded return pumps, and two spinstreams. I absolutely love the tank, and I find it hard pressed to find a better all in one nano out there. This is my tank so far after being up and running for just shy of two months.

IMG_20151013_211816.jpg

pedro23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I have been eyeing the nuvo 10 as a desk top tank. What are your thoughts. What mods would you recommend. I have a prime and an mp10 laying around. Do you think the mp10 would be too much for it?

pedro23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high do you have the primes and what frequency/blend are you running?

OP
OP
Wankell

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I have been eyeing the nuvo 10 as a desk top tank. What are your thoughts. What mods would you recommend. I have a prime and an mp10 laying around. Do you think the mp10 would be too much for it?

If you have them laying around go for it, just dial down the MP10, its hard to have too much flow, easy to have not enough. The prime would be good as well, I was going to get the 10g, but i've had many tanks and I always end up upgrading because I run out of space, I got the 20 so I can have a couple more fish and more real estate. Only problem is the lighting requirement changes slightly.

pedro23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Can you share done details on the light settings you are using?

reefmadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pedro23, I'm not at home right now so I can't pull up my ramp and whatnot, but I'll gladly post all the details this evening when I get home.

@Wankell, so far they've been working great for me since I used upgraded pumps. I am seriously considering putting an MP10 on it soon though. I get great polyp extension, and have noticeable growth in the 2 months it's been up and running.

Thanks you guys for all the complements!

OP
OP
Wankell

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pedro23, I'm not at home right now so I can't pull up my ramp and whatnot, but I'll gladly post all the details this evening when I get home.

@Wankell, so far they've been working great for me since I used upgraded pumps. I am seriously considering putting an MP10 on it soon though. I get great polyp extension, and have noticeable growth in the 2 months it's been up and running.

Thanks you guys for all the complements!

MP10 will be a great help, I think I will probably do the same thing as you, including the MP10, spin streams help because of the multi direction flow, mp10 doesnt have that unfortunately but can serve as the main flow source. I just finished my scape, and am avoiding the mound of rock method like the plague this time around, creating dead spots for detritus to settle. I have a nice pillar with shelves and archways for fish to swim though, there will be no in between rocks this time.

spectra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 also with the MP10 works great. I also had the spin streams but decided to not run them as with the 10 and also a Sicce 1.5 for a return flow is great. They are great little tanks but am wanting a bigger one already.....

OP
OP
Wankell

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 also with the MP10 works great. I also had the spin streams but decided to not run them as with the 10 and also a Sicce 1.5 for a return flow is great. They are great little tanks but am wanting a bigger one already.....

That will ultimately be your demise! That's what happened to me, and my upgrades burned me out. It becomes much more time consuming and difficult in my opinion to keep a larger tank, more problems, more water for changes, more equipment, more money. The list goes on! I went from a 24g to a 50g to a 90g back down to a 30g to selling it all and getting out. Get into a rhythm enjoy your tank and watch the fish and coral grow.

spectra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes have been there and don't that :D I started with a 90 years ago then went to a 38 or so....Had a Elos 70 for a few then bailed totally. After about 4 years the bug bit me again and got he 20. Now am moving to a 42 as thatis the footprint I am after.....I wanted a Lagoon 50 but the 24 inch depth would not fit. I love the AIO tanks but just hate all the chords coming out of it......

OP
OP
Wankell

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update -

Got my Tunze Nano ATO setup and running, awesome setup, would highly recommend it. Skimmer running, pulled out the **** media baskets and replaced with IM socks on both sides, also picked up purigen and chemipure blue for the back chamber.

Picked up a sweet pair of clowns from Age of Aquariums, shoutout to Dan for carrying awesome fish for awesome prices!

22945337552_818992c25e_b.jpg

Getting the denitrification bubbles already on Day 5, looks like it should be over soon, I used Dr Tims on Day 1, so it appears to be working.

OP
OP
Wankell

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated parts list -

IM Nuvo Fusion 20
EcoTech Radion XR30w Pro Gen 3
EcoTech RMS Mount
eShopps Nano Skimmer
Tunze Osmolator Nano ATO
Eheim 75W Heater
Temp Controller
Caribsea Arag-Alive Bahamas Oolite

Filtration -

IM Filter Socks x2
Chemipure Blue
Purigen

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back