I'm getting a huge outbreak of bubble algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter aslmx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I use a pair of tweezers to carefully remove most of the bubbles. Sometimes they come off in clumps. I have an emerald crab in my sump. Thats usually the only place I get bubble algae. He might not eat it all but he keeps it at bay. The best way to get rid of it is to keep your levels in check and don't overfeed. Also, I never let it get out of hand. At first sight of it, I pull it out. I never let it build up and get out of control. I think that's where people go wrong sometimes. They don't do anything about it until its everywhere.
That is where I went wrong. I thought it would starve itself and was afraid to pop it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new