I'm getting ready to plumb my 90

  • Thread starter Thread starter statru
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

statru

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2016
Messages
116
Reaction score
43
Location
Shermans Dale, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain to me why I keep seeing diagrams of tank drains having 90-degree angles attached to the bottom of the bulkheads then being run with plumbing or reinforced clear hose back to the sump's inlet bulkhead with yet another 90-degree angle? Why not run directly from one bulkhead to the other? I didn't know if there was a specific reason for the angles or not?
 
on 3/4" PVC thats like 4.5' of straight pipe each 90 in friction loss
 
So, you're saying it's to slow the flow of the drain? For noise factor?
 
Can someone explain to me why I keep seeing diagrams of tank drains having 90-degree angles attached to the bottom of the bulkheads then being run with plumbing or reinforced clear hose back to the sump's inlet bulkhead with yet another 90-degree angle? Why not run directly from one bulkhead to the other? I didn't know if there was a specific reason for the angles or not?
I'm betting there is no good answer other than they think it looks better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new