I'm in a bad mood over this right now.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a lot of weird things going on with all my phone required devices since my phone upgraded to Android 11. I've managed to find weird ways around it all, but it is annoying. I noticed someone else mentioned having a pixel in here as well and I'm wondering if the early Android bump for us is relevant to everything bugging out.
While I don't own these pumps, I do have a note 20 and got the android 11 update the other day. I too have noticed some things that have an app to control are little wonky since the update.

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I *really* want these pumps to work. Even with the issues are they worth buying? I have an unopened BRS 1.1ml/min pump that I’m considering sending back because I don’t want to burn an Apex outlet to control it (no built in programming on the pump).

Staindsoul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I *really* want these pumps to work. Even with the issues are they worth buying? I have an unopened BRS 1.1ml/min pump that I’m considering sending back because I don’t want to burn an Apex outlet to control it (no built in programming on the pump).

Even with this hang up, you can't beat it for the price point. I'd buy another one. It seems like something is up with the latest Android update and app, but I got mine working and it sounds like others did as well.

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with this hang up, you can't beat it for the price point. I'd buy another one. It seems like something is up with the latest Android update and app, but I got mine working and it sounds like others did as well.
I got mine working but I had to set it a different way. I'm calling them Monday. I'll let everyone here know what they say.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not this brand, but I had to manually relink a doser after my update and had to put my phone in airplane mode, then wifi only - in order to get it to work.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this issue get resolved? Mine are not dosing

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use three and just realized that my alk doser on a diff tank is also not working. So I have three that all stopped

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a kasa smart powerstrip.
I love my 3x BRS 1.1ml programs :)
And i can turn them on and off remotely if needed.

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed thanks, I also had to unplug and reset the dosers
Glad you got it working. Took me 6 days to figure it out. I even went ahead and ordered my dosing supplies in bulk while I had the money because my tank seemed insatiable.
Well. That wasn't the case.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes my alk dropped to 6.6, tested today usually once a week but might have missed without the thread.

Why is this happening to all of us? Update?

uli-the-nihlist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same problem. Alkalinity PLUMMETED over the weekend (from 8.8 to 5.5) since the pump wasn't dosing All For Reef. There must be an explanation for something like this, as I would have lost all stony coral if I wasn't home to notice something was wrong...

Staindsoul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CoralVue got back to me. They just want to switch the unit out. Need to make them aware this isn't just one unit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-170214.png
    Screenshot_20210111-170214.png
    387.1 KB · Views: 48

uli-the-nihlist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CoralVue got back to me. They just want to switch the unit out. Need to make them aware this isn't just one unit.

I went ahead and shared this thread on the CoralVue sponsor page with a description of the problem I experienced. Hopefully someone replies there with an explanation.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the same problem. Alkalinity PLUMMETED over the weekend (from 8.8 to 5.5) since the pump wasn't dosing All For Reef. There must be an explanation for something like this, as I would have lost all stony coral if I wasn't home to notice something was wrong...

Same thing happened to me but dropped to 6.6

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would encourage anyone that's having issues to contact CoralVue support. I know folks aren't around during the weekend so week days are best. Also the best way to get in contact are always either submitting a ticket WWW.coralvue.com/support . or you can email directly [email protected]

Just out of curiosity are all of you using Android devices?

Also what is the name and version of the App you folks are using ?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back