Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a great zoanthids garden.
How are the Pink Diamonds doing?
I am jealous.

They're doing good. Started with one large polyp and two small ones. Now there are eight. It definitely isn't a dense growing one. Seems like it's eager to branch out and then (hopefully) fill in. Much like the zoa rock beside the garden. They, along with the Omega One and Utter Chaos, look better in person. I'm not much of a photographer.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah. Pink diamonds and purple monsters are weeds. My lfs pays me $10pp because they can’t grow them though ;Hilarious
They're doing good. Started with one large polyp and two small ones. Now there are eight. It definitely isn't a dense growing one. Seems like it's eager to branch out and then (hopefully) fill in. Much like the zoa rock beside the garden. They, along with the Omega One and Utter Chaos, look better in person. I'm not much of a photographer.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About these Pink Diamonds. It appears that they are migrating? Can they do that or is there something else at play here? The one or two original polyps started out pretty much center.

Side note: the Aiptasia has been removed.

5CC10602-0D24-415A-A304-5B4436A79520.jpeg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous garden, I just bought a few newbies for mine. Right now I'm trying to combat the overwhelming pink from my Armor of Gods, they took off like wildfire inside my tank and I'm probably going to have to cut them back soon. Wish I knew more locals to pass them on to. Not sure if it's just my tank or if they're always super growers.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous garden, I just bought a few newbies for mine. Right now I'm trying to combat the overwhelming pink from my Armor of Gods, they took off like wildfire inside my tank and I'm probably going to have to cut them back soon. Wish I knew more locals to pass them on to. Not sure if it's just my tank or if they're always super growers.

I think those are my favorites. The way the ring fluoresces and the rest is so muted...

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I need to leave the reef under my wife’s care more often. I’ve been away for a five days. Either that or the dosing I started five hours ago is working already. (I doubt it) I feel like everything is popping tonight.

FC9A7D72-1853-4153-B969-263CCE4C9F73.jpeg

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what happened but Monday something not only knocked the Bob Marley's plug off the rock but also the frag from the plug! After I found the frag I glued it back in the same place because they seemed very happy there. They were peeved for sure but they did finally start peeking out again last night. Hopefully they get back to their happy selves soon.

I suspect my massive Trochus snails but their work ethic definitely outweighs the damage they do.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dropping off an updated photo. That Aiptasia in the Pink Diamonds is a stubborn one. I’m going to put the Filefish in the DT for one more try. Hopefully it behaves this time.

EDBFC1FA-9435-4D03-882E-76DB1E9497B9.jpeg

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm now willing to bet that the Pencil Urchin was behind the Bob Marley incident. It ate 2/3's of the Bonfires. Before I could pry it ate, the next night it ate half the remaining Bob Marleys. It is now sumped. I'm thankful that it didn't manage to eat ALL of any particular zoa.
The Filefish is gone. It didn't work out so I'll continue manually fighting the Aiptasia. Maybe a Copperband is in my future if I can find an Aussi one.
To add insult to injury, a large Aiptasia popped up near he AOIs and stung the life out of a few polyps. Everything is recovering now and looking happy again.
This photo is after the Bonfire feast and before the Bob Marley snack and Aiptasia attack. You can see why I couldn't immediately remove the urchin.

sdeth.jpg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm now willing to bet that the Pencil Urchin was behind the Bob Marley incident. It ate 2/3's of the Bonfires. Before I could pry it ate, the next night it ate half the remaining Bob Marleys. It is now sumped. I'm thankful that it didn't manage to eat ALL of any particular zoa.
The Filefish is gone. It didn't work out so I'll continue manually fighting the Aiptasia. Maybe a Copperband is in my future if I can find an Aussi one.
To add insult to injury, a large Aiptasia popped up near he AOIs and stung the life out of a few polyps. Everything is recovering now and looking happy again.
This photo is after the Bonfire feast and before the Bob Marley snack and Aiptasia attack. You can see why I couldn't immediately remove the urchin.

sdeth.jpg

My pencil urchin ate the entire stalk of my torch, and then proceeded to eat a hole through my live rock. He went back to the LFS and never again. Glad you were able to get him out before he destroyed everything.

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a bummer because it was a model citizen for probably a year. The way my luck goes I should have known better then to take any chances. Haha

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time. The "Armor of God" have gotten HUGE compared to everyone else.

3.jpg

If anyone is looking to do some swapping... I have some "Dragon Ball Z" (bottom left) and "Bonfire" (red/orange skirt above the green patch) on frag plugs. I really want something yellow in the mix. "Pikachu" look lovely but I'm not having much luck finding any.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3.jpg

If anyone is looking to do some swapping... I have some "Dragon Ball Z" (bottom left) and "Bonfire" (red/orange skirt above the green patch) on frag plugs. I really want something yellow in the mix. "Pikachu" look lovely but I'm not having much luck finding any.
How about LA lakers or king Midas? They’re both pretty cheap and look great ;)

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High flow on zoas make the lashes longer! Also the feeding response is pretty cool if you reefroids/brine shrimp them with the powerheads off. If the stalks become very long it means they want more light. :)

OP
OP
Schnizzle

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definitely get some flow. One of my return lines blasts right across them all. I'm glad I didn't but the AoG's any lower then!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High flow on zoas make the lashes longer! Also the feeding response is pretty cool if you reefroids/brine shrimp them with the powerheads off. If the stalks become very long it means they want more light. :)
They do look nice. Are you in possession of said zoas? haha
Yes, I do have Lakers LOL. Long stalks isn’t an indicator for more light with palythoa like AOG’s.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3.jpg

Gorgeous.;)

How about Scrambled Eggs for yellow, I love mine. They would really shine in your tank.

Side note, I am getting Space Chaos from Cherry Corals.;Happy

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back