IM Lagoon EXT 25gal

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you gonna be dosing? Curious to see how you fit everything there.

OP
OP
Lulu_Lunette

Lulu_Lunette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you gonna be dosing? Curious to see how you fit everything there.
I’m currently not dosing anything really. I just have a few corals in there and they aren’t using up everything at the moment. If I dose anything it’s usuallt Tropic Marin All-For-Reef. I recently setup something for Chaeto. I’m hoping to eventually add a spotted mandarin

OP
OP
Lulu_Lunette

Lulu_Lunette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since my last update again already and I thought I’d tell you about what’s new and what’s happened in the last month. I got a stunning new computer and I can’t get over how much better it is to edit and process my photos and videos. I’ve been living in the dark ages lol

I’ve finally worked up the courage to get a Scoly, a beautiful pair - one is pink and teal and the other is green. I’ve also added some fish: a green clown goby (love him, his name is Herman) as well as another royal gramma! I’ve also added Cheato to my sump along with some pods. I’m hoping by this summer to have enough of a pod colony to be able to keep a mandarin. I’ve also added my first SPS corals and I’m having mixed results so far. Hopefully I’ll get the hang of it! I’ve moved all of my LPS over from the Evo to my Lagoon and they are all doing really well.

7s6os30.jpg
Pink Scoly

MvAt2WY.jpg
Green Scoly

CQGsfXY.jpg
Herman the green clown goby

5Bf8A7w.jpg
Royal Gramma

I never knew Acans could get so fluffy!

uGkPcTI.jpg
Acan and Scoly garden

It’s also been a bit turbulent. I’ve lost my original royal gramma shortly after my last post along with one of my clownfish. I think for now, I will stick to my last clownfish instead of looking for another pair. Also, my pink scolymia that I had just added is not doing well at all. It’s really bleached and started to recede. I’m doing everything I can - without doing too much. I think I’ve at least paused it’s deteriorating health, but it’s not gotten much better either. My other green scoly is going really well though! It’s got a faint yellow ring around it that I hope comes out more as time goes on.

MS0p5ln.jpg
Pink Scoly with bleaching

vQWuPSG.jpg
Green Scoly close-up

I feel weird saying this but I must: I’ve also been running into some internet drama lately and a little miffed seeing my content get shared without credit. It’s had me strongly reconsider how and what I share with others. I don’t know why I got so offended, this is not a money-making venture for me, I just purely love the hobby and it is nothing more than a passion piece. I’ve been happy with how it’s been handled though and so happy to see credit going where it’s due.

I’ve got a ton of photos to share, and I plan on adding lots more! Until next time o7

b1G4ZbH.jpg
Pearly Jawfish

GuA6KNl.jpg
McCosker’s Wrasse

mxGegnP.jpg
Royal Gramma with Favia

leVn4bz.jpg
Royal Gramma Angry

sxMBRwC.jpg
Mexican Turbo Snail

MS0p5ln.jpg
Full tank shot 03.12.19

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks amazing. Can you put a watermark on your photos?
What are you feeding your corals? how often? during the day or night?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok Miss photographer - the pics are crisp and beautiful. Great progress on tank.
I just bought a new computer this morning. Not fond of WIN 10 but i'm sure I will adjust. It is lightning quick with the SSD Drive

OP
OP
Lulu_Lunette

Lulu_Lunette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks amazing. Can you put a watermark on your photos?
What are you feeding your corals? how often? during the day or night?
I don't really care for watermarks - it would ruin it. I broadcast feed polyplab reef roids on occasion but target feed LPS pellets to the scolys every few days. Usually in the morning just before lights on or at night before lights out.

Ok Miss photographer - the pics are crisp and beautiful. Great progress on tank.
I just bought a new computer this morning. Not fond of WIN 10 but i'm sure I will adjust. It is lightning quick with the SSD Drive

I use WIN 10 at work so I'm used to it. I am really liking the SSD its a night and day difference from my old computer. Not to mention the massive graphics upgrade lol

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since my last update again already and I thought I’d tell you about what’s new and what’s happened in the last month. I got a stunning new computer and I can’t get over how much better it is to edit and process my photos and videos. I’ve been living in the dark ages lol

I’ve finally worked up the courage to get a Scoly, a beautiful pair - one is pink and teal and the other is green. I’ve also added some fish: a green clown goby (love him, his name is Herman) as well as another royal gramma! I’ve also added Cheato to my sump along with some pods. I’m hoping by this summer to have enough of a pod colony to be able to keep a mandarin. I’ve also added my first SPS corals and I’m having mixed results so far. Hopefully I’ll get the hang of it! I’ve moved all of my LPS over from the Evo to my Lagoon and they are all doing really well.

7s6os30.jpg
Pink Scoly

MvAt2WY.jpg
Green Scoly

CQGsfXY.jpg
Herman the green clown goby

5Bf8A7w.jpg
Royal Gramma

I never knew Acans could get so fluffy!

uGkPcTI.jpg
Acan and Scoly garden

It’s also been a bit turbulent. I’ve lost my original royal gramma shortly after my last post along with one of my clownfish. I think for now, I will stick to my last clownfish instead of looking for another pair. Also, my pink scolymia that I had just added is not doing well at all. It’s really bleached and started to recede. I’m doing everything I can - without doing too much. I think I’ve at least paused it’s deteriorating health, but it’s not gotten much better either. My other green scoly is going really well though! It’s got a faint yellow ring around it that I hope comes out more as time goes on.

MS0p5ln.jpg
Pink Scoly with bleaching

vQWuPSG.jpg
Green Scoly close-up

I feel weird saying this but I must: I’ve also been running into some internet drama lately and a little miffed seeing my content get shared without credit. It’s had me strongly reconsider how and what I share with others. I don’t know why I got so offended, this is not a money-making venture for me, I just purely love the hobby and it is nothing more than a passion piece. I’ve been happy with how it’s been handled though and so happy to see credit going where it’s due.

I’ve got a ton of photos to share, and I plan on adding lots more! Until next time o7

b1G4ZbH.jpg
Pearly Jawfish

GuA6KNl.jpg
McCosker’s Wrasse

mxGegnP.jpg
Royal Gramma with Favia

leVn4bz.jpg
Royal Gramma Angry

sxMBRwC.jpg
Mexican Turbo Snail

MS0p5ln.jpg
Full tank shot 03.12.19

Looking very nice! Are you sure the pink Scoly is bleaching? Perhaps it is adjusting its color due to your lighting.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. That is a bummer. Weird that the green one was fine.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it near anything aggressive? Looks in the FTS like a Frogspawn and an anemone. Perhaps it was getting attacked.

OP
OP
Lulu_Lunette

Lulu_Lunette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it near anything aggressive? Looks in the FTS like a Frogspawn and an anemone. Perhaps it was getting attacked.
Not really. Zoas might have been the closest. Now I have it where it’s by nothing , lower light and flow. Biggest thing is I’m trying to not touch it. I think it’s just the waiting game

Mkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank and great photos my cell phone does not do well an apple Iphone my tanks 11 years old now my clown is 12 years old.
I added a fuge in the middle chamber and tank thrives very little algae I have some high end rock flowers and all LPS
and two mini red carpets it split within a few months..

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back