I'm looking for new Tangs

Matthew Dorsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for small under 4 inch tangs a Powder blue and a sailfin for my 110 gallon tall. I figured when they grow up I can just sell them to my local fish store for credits and find smaller ones. Are there any preferences to places online or breeders in New England specifically Providence.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue are notoriously nasty and ick prone, definetly add it last. A 110 is probably too small for even a small acanthurus (powder blue). Kole tang, yellow, purple, convict are all great choices and can get along if introduced together. I would visit your local fish store and see what they have to offer, as it's always been my preference. They can often order you a few at the same time, which is good for starting the tangs out at the same time to limit aggression.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a good plan to simply buy and rehome to your LFS when they outgrow it. A 110 could support a Yellow Tang or Purple Tang and pretty much any of the Bristletooth Species long term. Keep in mind it's not just about the size but the level of activity and aggression with these fish. Even the nicest Tang is still somewhat of a butthead in terms of temperament.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd find one more suited to you 110 set up. Just my opinion but buying fish you know are too large for your tank with the intent to rehome them isn't a great plan, esp if you are depending on your Lfs to keep this turnover going for you.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 116 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back