IM NUVO 40 Stand Options

saltwatr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been finding it very difficult to find an affordable stand that can house this tank. I’m not good enough with woodworking to make a professional looking DIY stand, but I want something sturdy that I won’t be scared of falling apart. Has anyone bought anything besides the APS cabinet that holds up and looks decent?

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?

I bought a stand from IKEA for my nephew's 55g freshwater aquarium and it's been holding up for 2 years and no issues. All I did to it was waterproof it with a sealer

OP
OP
saltwatr

saltwatr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?

I bought a stand from IKEA for my nephew's 55g freshwater aquarium and it's been holding up for 2 years and no issues. All I did to it was waterproof it with a sealer
It’s a 24”x20” tank and I’ve been having a really hard time finding anything that suits that size.

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I too recently had this same dilemma. I don't have time to build one so I found this seller on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/224254851918 he custom built it to the specs for the IM nuvo40 and 36 in high for 200, raw sanded wood and shipped. Not sure if that's in your budget but I can let you know what it looks like when I receive it some time in the next few days.

OP
OP
saltwatr

saltwatr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I too recently had this same dilemma. I don't have time to build one so I found this seller on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/224254851918 he custom built it to the specs for the IM nuvo40 and 36 in high for 200, raw sanded wood and shipped. Not sure if that's in your budget but I can let you know what it looks like when I receive it some time in the next few days.
That’s a good bit more affordable than a lot of the ones I’ve been able to find. Yeah, I’m definitely interested in seeing how it looks once it arrives!

WyoMt.Chef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good bit more affordable than a lot of the ones I’ve been able to find. Yeah, I’m definitely interested in seeing how it looks once it arrives!
Sorry had things get in the way of me finishing this. Its pine with a ebony coat and satin urethane. It came out nice. Took 2 hours to sand and assemble

Attachments

• 20210209_132822.jpg
    20210209_132822.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 76

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back