IM Nuvo EXT 100 Planning

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the tank! My IM EXT 100 arrived in late August and I am now in the latter stages of initial setup. The tank is well built for sure, and you're really going to like it.
You should make a build thread for your tank. I love seeing other IM EXT 100 owner's tanks!

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have that tank, i ended up going with a barely used pro clear 44. it's really big, though. i can't keep my ATO reservoir under the stand with it so if that's important to you, get a smaller sump

other equipment is basically up to the user, but one thing i find sort of unique about the IM tanks is the glass is super thick for the size of the actual tank. for that reason, i'd highly recommend the new AI Nero 5s. i had a tunze 6065 and it was basically too big and too powerful to do much with. and i have an octopulse 4, but i can barely run it above 2-3 bars of power and it's kinda big, much bigger than the neros in tank wise at least. the nero seem perfect. magnet just right for the glass and flow just right for the tank.

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great build thread so far. I love that you are taking no short cuts and building the tank exactly how you want! im definitely following along. i love finding new ext100 owners bc that gives me something to copy lol I'm enjoying my build but I have only one regret. i wish I had of gone bigger, especially considering the amount of money I have spent so far. from the looks of it, you'll def exceed 10K no doubt. im at 8 and I don't even have any water in the tank lol regarding light, 4 xr15s is plenty. that's my plan. Im going to run just two after a 6 month cycle with light off. as the tank mature ill add a 3rd, then a 4th. going with the xr15s will give you more flexibility in that regard. -Keith

OP
OP
C

Couesfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great build thread so far. I love that you are taking no short cuts and building the tank exactly how you want! im definitely following along. i love finding new ext100 owners bc that gives me something to copy lol I'm enjoying my build but I have only one regret. i wish I had of gone bigger, especially considering the amount of money I have spent so far. from the looks of it, you'll def exceed 10K no doubt. im at 8 and I don't even have any water in the tank lol regarding light, 4 xr15s is plenty. that's my plan. Im going to run just two after a 6 month cycle with light off. as the tank mature ill add a 3rd, then a 4th. going with the xr15s will give you more flexibility in that regard. -Keith
Thanks. I have been ordering quite a bit with Black Friday sales. I am going with 3 XR15 blues on a 80/20 frame to hang over the tank. Got those ordered, Marco rock, salt, sand, clearvue lid, GHL profilux 4, VCA RFG, MP40, plumbing and other things i'm sure.

I would go bigger but this is going in my office at work. If I can want to add a 4th xr15 I can get a new bar for 15-20 bucks and put the 4th light on. I'm holding off on dosing equipment, possible ion director from GHL and other calcium reactor type stuff till next year when the tank gets going and close to having coral. I figure down the road I can buy a reef savvy tank snd use most if not all of this equipment. Or keep this one at work a build a bigger reef savvy custom at home.

coronarex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have been ordering quite a bit with Black Friday sales. I am going with 3 XR15 blues on a 80/20 frame to hang over the tank. Got those ordered, Marco rock, salt, sand, clearvue lid, GHL profilux 4, VCA RFG, MP40, plumbing and other things i'm sure.

I would go bigger but this is going in my office at work. If I can want to add a 4th xr15 I can get a new bar for 15-20 bucks and put the 4th light on. I'm holding off on dosing equipment, possible ion director from GHL and other calcium reactor type stuff till next year when the tank gets going and close to having coral. I figure down the road I can buy a reef savvy tank snd use most if not all of this equipment. Or keep this one at work a build a bigger reef savvy custom at home.
Exceptional plan. You will have success my friend.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back