IM Nuvo Fusion 20g owner questions

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am going to be buying the tank today and have a few plans i want to get a good stand is the stock one good or anyone know of any in the same price range. also if there is anything i need to know about this tank that you wished you have know before buying drop it down below. i will be using the spin streams and possibly a hob refugium lmk what you guys think.

JVan82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is on month 2 of the cycle. Tick tock... bone stock except floss holder and media rack... gonna go AI prime and Nero 5
0b6063f4c67cccc3baad024f2a07d3d9.jpg

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep i belive the one i got came with a media basket and a filtersock but i been looking into the aftermarket ones

I use a sock and a media basket on the other side of a 30L, works very well. As some suggested, I replaced supplied pump and T splitter with two Eheim compact 1000’s with spinstreams.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! IM20 was my first tank and I loved it. I think others have had great advice this far. I’d add that you might want to use the stock pump & add the other so you can have redundancy. Also you’re definitely going to want an auto top off.

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check and see which stock return pump comes with yours.. Since you bought new and it comes with the Media basket it may be a newer setup and come with the Mighty jet... does the description say it does or does the picture show a white/blue pump with a small controller. If you have the IM media basket, no need to go with a aftermarket one like InTank. They do the same thing and you can put that money towards something else. If you want to run dual baskets... look on ebay for amazon for the IM branded one, they are 24.99.

If you are looking at a budget the Jeboa DCS-2000 would also work for a return pump.. Has good reviews and from what I've read on various forums it's quality at a fair price point. As some others have noted you could go with TWO return pumps by removing the Y (You'll see what we are talking about when you get it). This would give you redundancy in case one of the pumps fails, you still have another one circulating the water. Keep in mind your heater is in the rear, so you want that water to be moving into the display.

I'm about to do a Nuvo 40 and Nuvo 25 build in the next couple of months. (already have the tanks). Right now I'm slowly gathering parts (and slowly going broke). I'm also doing a 7 gallon build right now as well.

You'll want a ATO to keep the water level/salinity stable. Skimmer isn't required right away till you get a heavier bio-load, then you may want to look into one.

You'll want two heaters, like the return pumps this gives you redundancy. Get something like a Inkbird temp controller. This is in case a heater sticks in the on position it will kill the power to it once the tank water temp gets over X amount. Otherwise a stuck heater = boiled fish/corals.

If you haven't already bought or have one get a RODI unit to make up your own water, unless you plan to purchase it at a LFS. While you be planning on doing bi-weekly water changes, keep in mind you'll need some RO water for your ATO.

Power heads there is a huge selection on the market. Of course many go with the Vortech if their wallet allows it.. for your tank a MP10 would be suitable. Or again you can look into the Jabeo line up. You can buy two of their powerheads for less than what you pay for one Vortech.

I can't think of much more off the top of my head that hasn't already been mentioned.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check and see which stock return pump comes with yours.. Since you bought new and it comes with the Media basket it may be a newer setup and come with the Mighty jet... does the description say it does or does the picture show a white/blue pump with a small controller. If you have the IM media basket, no need to go with a aftermarket one like InTank. They do the same thing and you can put that money towards something else. If you want to run dual baskets... look on ebay for amazon for the IM branded one, they are 24.99.

If you are looking at a budget the Jeboa DCS-2000 would also work for a return pump.. Has good reviews and from what I've read on various forums it's quality at a fair price point. As some others have noted you could go with TWO return pumps by removing the Y (You'll see what we are talking about when you get it). This would give you redundancy in case one of the pumps fails, you still have another one circulating the water. Keep in mind your heater is in the rear, so you want that water to be moving into the display.

I'm about to do a Nuvo 40 and Nuvo 25 build in the next couple of months. (already have the tanks). Right now I'm slowly gathering parts (and slowly going broke). I'm also doing a 7 gallon build right now as well.

You'll want a ATO to keep the water level/salinity stable. Skimmer isn't required right away till you get a heavier bio-load, then you may want to look into one.

You'll want two heaters, like the return pumps this gives you redundancy. Get something like a Inkbird temp controller. This is in case a heater sticks in the on position it will kill the power to it once the tank water temp gets over X amount. Otherwise a stuck heater = boiled fish/corals.

If you haven't already bought or have one get a RODI unit to make up your own water, unless you plan to purchase it at a LFS. While you be planning on doing bi-weekly water changes, keep in mind you'll need some RO water for your ATO.

Power heads there is a huge selection on the market. Of course many go with the Vortech if their wallet allows it.. for your tank a MP10 would be suitable. Or again you can look into the Jabeo line up. You can buy two of their powerheads for less than what you pay for one Vortech.

I can't think of much more off the top of my head that hasn't already been mentioned.
this is what comes with the bundle i bought
1x 20 Gallon Nuvo Fusion Aquarium

1x MightyJet 326 GPH Return Pump

1x Removable 200 Micron Filter Sock

1x Desktop CustomCaddy Media Basket

1x Purity Pack

1x Preinstalled Rubber Leveling Mat

1x MicroMag Glass Cleaner

im going to be running a mp10qdrive and a kessil

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would i need another return pump or will one do just fine
You can work with one, many do. Others go with two. Of course you can get it later on as well. Like I said I'll be going with two in my builds. It will allow me to fine tune my flow and it will also give me redundancy. I expect my Nuvo 40 and 25 builds to take several months as it will be done as money allows. Only reason I'm doing two builds is that I got both tanks used for 450.00 and the wife wants a frogfish which means a dedicated tank for him. (I can see it now "Oh you have a frogfish how cute", "how much did he cost" "about 150.00" "how much did the setup cost"... "about 800.00 for one freaking fish".. the things we do for the spouse)

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can work with one, many do. Others go with two. Of course you can get it later on as well. Like I said I'll be going with two in my builds. It will allow me to fine tune my flow and it will also give me redundancy. I expect my Nuvo 40 and 25 builds to take several months as it will be done as money allows. Only reason I'm doing two builds is that I got both tanks used for 450.00 and the wife wants a frogfish which means a dedicated tank for him. (I can see it now "Oh you have a frogfish how cute", "how much did he cost" "about 150.00" "how much did the setup cost"... "about 800.00 for one freaking fish".. the things we do for the spouse)
Happy wife happy life [emoji38]

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back