I'm ready for fish

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They are all peaceful fish that should not pose a problem to each other. I’d also recommend a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, whether the regular orange variety or the Black and White variety. You can easily find them captive bred (most are) these days and I don’t think we’ve got a single member here without clowns in their tank. :)

So:
x2 Ocellaris Clowns

x1 Pink Streak Wrasse

x1 Purple Firefish

x1 Randall’s Shrimp Goby

You could also consider a basslet like a Royal Gramma, Blackcap, one of the Assessor spp., or Swissguard. Any of these will do.

Maybe even another goby like a Yellow Watchman, or why not a trio of PJ Cardinals?

Here’s what I’d do:

First 3 fish: Purple Firefish, Pink Streak Wrasse, Randall’s Shrimp Goby.

Second group of fish: Ocellaris Clownfish

Third group of fish: Yellow Watchman Goby or trio of PJ Cardinals, or maybe even one of the Halichoeres genus wrasses (Yellow Coris, Melanurus, Adorned, Christmas-H. claudia etc.)

Fourth group of fish: Basslet (any of the species mentioned above)

However, do keep in mind that you will need at least a 2.5” sand bed for the Goby or gobies because they are sand burrowing gobies that need to dig a pit with the shrimp you pair them with. Also, with the selections you’ve mentioned, I would urge you to buy a very tight fitting lid as wrasses, Firefish, and gobies are known jumpers.

Clownfish are not known jumpers but it’s happened, so always be safe than sorry. Basslets are not as bad as the wrasses, Firefish and gobies (and blennies) but they can be a bit skittish at times so you should take precautions too.

Other than that, have fun!

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my rsr250 is cycled and I think I'm ready for fish . would it be safe to add 1 purple firefish , 1 Randalls goby and pink streak wrasse

i think that’s a greatfirst group of fish to add. I’d second QTing your fish or using a vendor who will qt them for you.

OP
OP
Madimod

Madimod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They are all peaceful fish that should not pose a problem to each other. I’d also recommend a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, whether the regular orange variety or the Black and White variety. You can easily find them captive bred (most are) these days and I don’t think we’ve got a single member here without clowns in their tank. :)

So:
x2 Ocellaris Clowns

x1 Pink Streak Wrasse

x1 Purple Firefish

x1 Randall’s Shrimp Goby

You could also consider a basslet like a Royal Gramma, Blackcap, one of the Assessor spp., or Swissguard. Any of these will do.

Maybe even another goby like a Yellow Watchman, or why not a trio of PJ Cardinals?

Here’s what I’d do:

First 3 fish: Purple Firefish, Pink Streak Wrasse, Randall’s Shrimp Goby.

Second group of fish: Ocellaris Clownfish

Third group of fish: Yellow Watchman Goby or trio of PJ Cardinals, or maybe even one of the Halichoeres genus wrasses (Yellow Coris, Melanurus, Adorned, Christmas-H. claudia etc.)

Fourth group of fish: Basslet (any of the species mentioned above)

However, do keep in mind that you will need at least a 2.5” sand bed for the Goby or gobies because they are sand burrowing gobies that need to dig a pit with the shrimp you pair them with. Also, with the selections you’ve mentioned, I would urge you to buy a very tight fitting lid as wrasses, Firefish, and gobies are known jumpers.

Clownfish are not known jumpers but it’s happened, so always be safe than sorry. Basslets are not as bad as the wrasses, Firefish and gobies (and blennies) but they can be a bit skittish at times so you should take precautions too.

Other than that, have fun!
You’ve pretty much read my mind as far as mt fishlist goes . I may rethink the goby . I have a shallow sand bed . Maybe an inch deep

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep in mind sourcing a pink streak is hard, you may have to wait a few weeks. I snagged one from divers den after watching the updates every day for like 3 weeks

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 127 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.2%
Back