cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyways just thought I'd show a couple pics of my newest one:

IMG_0635[1].jpg

IMG_0628[1].jpg

Here's another one I've had that I have had trouble photographing (these pics still aren't great), when I got this one it was bleached but now has a neon yellow/green glow with orange tips so I am very happy
IMG_0640[1].jpg

IMG_0619[1].jpg

best part is the two combined have cost me less $100

OP
OP
C

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, now I have a total of 6 bubble tips... since those pictures I came across a pair of odd rose bubble tips (have more of the features seen on gbta) and a blue/green with purple/blue tips. I might have to get rid of a couple before I end up with a species tank!

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing wrong with a species tank. just pack it full of stuff that likes anemones for hosts.

OP
OP
C

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of the new bubbles...

IMG_0688[1].jpg

the green should start coloring up (hasn't been in a position to catch a lot light until moving to current location)

My anemone island
IMG_0689[1].jpg

you can kind of see in this one that the new roses are a little different than the old ones

OP
OP
C

cmac330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say my bubble tips have been pretty forgiving, I placed them in a favorable spot and they seem to stay put except for some slight positioning when they compete for light. My first bubble was added about 4 months in and has done really well (its the green with orange tips, a little hard to see in the above picture) and the second was 5 months in and is the large rainbow bubble. IME strong light and proper flow seem to be more important for bubble tips than a matured tank, that said my tank doesn't fluctuate much since I do about 20% water changes a week and leave my nitrates at about 10.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back