I'm trying for naturalistic prop tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter flricordia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

flricordia

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
893
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to utilize a 30 cube I thought a more natural look would be interesting for a zoa grow out set-up.
8473IMG_5536-med.JPG

Hoping to get as much room out of it as possible I cut rocks flat and turned them so they formed shelves. This way I could place discs on them without the worry of them falling off as compared to trying to set them on bumpy, uneven surfaces of LR.
8473IMG_5528-med.JPG


8473IMG_5596-med.JPG


Magnetic mounted racks I am still using for plugs. I am finding it so much simpler and less stressful on the zoanthid when fragging from overgrown pugs that I covered ina thin laer of superglue gel and dipped in fine sand for the zoas to attatch and grow onto. By simply removing the layer of sand from the plug/mount/disc with a scalpel the undamaged zoanthids are easily fragged and remounted.
8473IMG_5603-med.JPG
 
Magnetic mounted racks I am still using for plugs. I am finding it so much simpler and less stressful on the zoanthid when fragging from overgrown pugs that I covered ina thin laer of superglue gel and dipped in fine sand for the zoas to attatch and grow onto. By simply removing the layer of sand from the plug/mount/disc with a scalpel the undamaged zoanthids are easily fragged and remounted.

That is a very good idea!!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new