I'm trying for naturalistic prop tank

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to utilize a 30 cube I thought a more natural look would be interesting for a zoa grow out set-up.
8473IMG_5536-med.JPG

Hoping to get as much room out of it as possible I cut rocks flat and turned them so they formed shelves. This way I could place discs on them without the worry of them falling off as compared to trying to set them on bumpy, uneven surfaces of LR.
8473IMG_5528-med.JPG

8473IMG_5596-med.JPG

Magnetic mounted racks I am still using for plugs. I am finding it so much simpler and less stressful on the zoanthid when fragging from overgrown pugs that I covered ina thin laer of superglue gel and dipped in fine sand for the zoas to attatch and grow onto. By simply removing the layer of sand from the plug/mount/disc with a scalpel the undamaged zoanthids are easily fragged and remounted.
8473IMG_5603-med.JPG

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnetic mounted racks I am still using for plugs. I am finding it so much simpler and less stressful on the zoanthid when fragging from overgrown pugs that I covered ina thin laer of superglue gel and dipped in fine sand for the zoas to attatch and grow onto. By simply removing the layer of sand from the plug/mount/disc with a scalpel the undamaged zoanthids are easily fragged and remounted.

That is a very good idea!!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back