im20 lighting

wasi99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my ai prime hd went out tonight after a few days of being troublesome and it started smoking today and then stopped working. everything was clean including the mesh and all. so I now need to get a new light for a mixed reef, would a Red Sea 50 led be sufficient?

mr_noodles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my ai prime hd went out tonight after a few days of being troublesome and it started smoking today and then stopped working. everything was clean including the mesh and all. so I now need to get a new light for a mixed reef, would a Red Sea 50 led be sufficient?
If your previous light was the HD, the 50 is similar in regards to PAR output. I think it would be a reasonable substitute.
If you have the extra few dollars, I'd recommend the 90 if you ever decide to switch to a more SPS dominant tank.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
red sea led has pretty narrow spectrum. If you really want that, it's better to see it in person to make sure you like its color.

If it's focus on softies and LPS, I will go with a pair of Kessil A80. If prepare for more leaning towards SPS, I will go with a pair of Kessil A160. A pair of red sea 50 will be similar I think.

For that dimension, I will definitively go with a pair of light, or light bar. A single pop won't really provide the right coverage.

BG107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM 25 lagoon and have 1 Red Sea 50 LED. I have SPS near the top of the tank and LPS at the bottom. Great light so far. Output is great. It doesn't have the weird disco ball effect. And the corals really pop when the blue light is out. The app is a little eh, but works great once you sort it all out. If you have any questions about it just ask.

OP
OP
W

wasi99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM 25 lagoon and have 1 Red Sea 50 LED. I have SPS near the top of the tank and LPS at the bottom. Great light so far. Output is great. It doesn't have the weird disco ball effect. And the corals really pop when the blue light is out. The app is a little eh, but works great once you sort it all out. If you have any questions about it just ask.
do you have any photos? I don't want to spend an absurd amount currently so may just get a redsea 50

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back