Important issue with tank!!!

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going from a 20 long in which I have turned it into an aio on my own, and am upgrading to a nuvo 25. I know this sounds rediculous, butI have put a lot of work into the tank and am feeling tons of nostalgia and feel like I am going to miss it, despite using the same livestock. I am not in high school yet so I get emotionally attached to things easily and it was a lot of work and memories with that tank. Any tips on how to get over this feeling? Thanks

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is still intact, create a build thread for your first tank. record it here on R2R, describe everything you did and learned on your first tank. do this before you upgrade so it will live on and you ca revisit it when you like. getting emotionally attached is not something that stops as you mature. do a build thread on your new tank too because when you feel ready to upgrade from it you will have the memories preserved on it. thanks for your post. and welcome to R2R!!!

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it is still intact, create a build thread for your first tank. record it here on R2R, describe everything you did and learned on your first tank. do this before you upgrade so it will live on and you ca revisit it when you like. getting emotionally attached is not something that stops as you mature. do a build thread on your new tank too because when you feel ready to upgrade from it you will have the memories preserved on it. thanks for your post. and welcome to R2R!!!
Thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Two tanks = variety

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not have 2? Unless equipment will be transferred it would be nice to have a frag or QT
Yea, most my equipment is being transferred. Also idk why I said a 20 long but it was a 30 breeder. I just don’t have the time or money to upkeep two tanks. I have a lot of other things to do.

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I just posted a part one to my first tank build. I will finish it within the next few days.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
post a link,get a build thread badge so we can follow :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to account in the upper right hand corner. Then scroll down the page, you'll see a spot to put the URL of your build thread(just copy/paste), then click save.

It will add the build thread badge, and then that badge can be clicked on to take people to your build thread.

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to account in the upper right hand corner. Then scroll down the page, you'll see a spot to put the URL of your build thread(just copy/paste), then click save.

It will add the build thread badge, and then that badge can be clicked on to take people to your build thread.
Oh ok thankyou

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.1%
Back