Improve Sadastream with Reeftank Chemicals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hsp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hsp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Messages
219
Reaction score
113
Location
Sydney, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a Sodastream system to create our own sparkling water to reduce plastic consumption, etc. But, the sparkling water always tastes like, well like TDS=0 … like nothing.

I checked San Pellegrino (as an example of one that tastes well):

TDS1109 mg/l
pH7.7
Nitrate2.2 mg/l
Calcium208 mg/l
Magnesium56 mg/l
Sodium44 mg/l
Potassium3 mg/l
Silica9 mg/l
Bicarbonate136 mg/l
Sulfate549 mg/l
Chloride74 mg/l
https://www.salaciousdrinks.com/products/san-pellegrino-sparkling-pick6

which looks a bit like a Reeftank minus the NaCl. Can I use our usual Reeftank dosing chemicals to beef up the sparkling water coming out of our RODI/Sodastream? I know you are not supposed to use it for human consumption, etc. etc. But….
 
Seriously check this out https://khymos.org/2012/01/04/mineral-waters-a-la-carte/

Some guy has put together a spreadsheet where you tell it the brand of water you want to clone, you water stats (we get it easy, all zeros if using your rodi) and what salts you have on hand and it'll tell you how much to add to different amounts of water to clone the bottle.

I've used it several times and it's fantastic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new