In hospital

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bamm69
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bamm69

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2022
Messages
39
Reaction score
40
Location
River Rouge
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I boiled some old rock I had gotten some time shop in vinegar and water it gave Off gases and now me and my wife are in the hospital. Does anyone know what this was
 
Sorry that happened to you, it's never a good idea to boil live rock.

Depending on what was on the rock, it could be palytoxin - what are the symptoms? I'd at least mention this to your doctor.
 
Sorry to hear this, Palythoa toxin comes to mind, I’ve read about it happening before in similar conditions.
do you know if you had palys or zoas in the rock?
 
Also, would recommend to have the doctor consult the poison center in order to consult with the toxicologist. This type of exposure typically requires a specialist.
 
fcaac1b9-487d-40c0-a224-216614f3bc6f.jpg
 
Following this as well!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new