In-line probe holder and Neptune conductivity probe

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just went through the huge trouble of making a online probe holder that is on my return pump manifold, the problem is I’m still getting jump readings, it’s off and keeps dropping every hour , is there something I can do to fix this problem? Also does anyone know the max flow than can go “through” the probes, I do have it via bypass where water goes through the probes then back into my sump

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a potential flaw: you’re drawing water from your return manifold to test, then you’re returning that same water to the sump which then goes back through the return manifold again to be tested.

This probably explains your errant readings to some extent. I don’t know what flow rate you have, but there’s a reason most of us just drop the probes in the sump and let the natural one-way water flow pass through the probes naturally.

Last edited:

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used a sps since the day I started my current tank and my readings could not be more consistent neptune should just include one in the box with your apex I bet the cost would washout with tech support call reduction.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here’s a potential flaw: you’re drawing water from your return manifold to test, then you’re returning that same water to the sump which then goes back through the return manifold again to be tested.

This probably explains your errant readings to some extent. I don’t know what flow rate you have, but there’s a reason most of us just drop the probes in the sump and let the natural one-way water flow pass through the probes naturally.
Interesting i didn’t think about it that way, well it all already plumbed so any ideas on how to fix that issue? lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back