In-line pump for 2” opening

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know of a pump that can fit through a 2” opening and pump 48” lift? I’ve been using the nutirsea live water jugs I saved from PetCo to fill RO water with. Marked containers every 1/2 gal to 4 gal for ease of mixing salt directly in and saving. Looking for a way to pump from the small opening since holding up a 4 gal jug to pour out is becoming a nuisance with weight height and the force of the water down fall. Anyone know a tiny pump that can fit through the 2” opening and lift it 48” and not be pressure washer? I tried dumping it into a 5 gal bucket and using a 1000gph pump. The issues are another bucket and the flow force of 1000gph going into tank. Sure it takes a few seconds but it stirs the sand too much. I don’t have a home RO which is why I’m doing the jugs right now. (Only $0.49 a gallon doesn’t justify a $250 RO system yet)
Thanks for your suggestions.

IMG_9193.jpeg IMG_9195.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would this one fit?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm...just looking...not sure that one would push the height you need. Here's another option...again not sure it would push 48" though.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the Tunze Osmolator pump would work. You can buy it by itself but you will need a 12v power supply and tubing for it. Head max is listed at 3.6m

Just measured the base of mine and it is showing 1 7/8" so very tight fit. Could probably force it through though.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
has anyone used a hygger and run a tube in both the intake and out? thinking one of these to suck the water out.

I think it would be hard to prime the pump with it being above the container or even below the container because the tubing will have an arc to it. Unless you put a bulkhead on the bottom of the container and use gravity and the weight of the water to prime it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back