in-line water softner

  • Thread starter Thread starter kvosstra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kvosstra

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
78
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi folks - here in philly, I have very hard water. I have a spectrapure 1:1 uhe, and its being fouled very quickly. I am moving the 1:1 waste down...a lot, but i've been recommended to add a softner in-line. I'd prefer, at least for the moment, to not do a whole house, as my space where the water line accesses is quite tight - i'm not up for a large project right now>

So...any recommendations for a simple, effective, cost efficient in-line water softner that I can add before my RODI system?
Thanks!
 
With high incoming TDS you may have greater membrane life at a higher waste water ratio. 1:1 really limits the membranes ability to purge itself. How high is the TDS going into and coming out of the membrane?
 
TDS is above 500. I'm getting a new membrane and filters, now, and using a backup RODI - but, I have almost 1000 total gallons of tanks, so I go through a lot of water.

for sure the 1:1 will not work, its now as to what water softner might assist me for this use case.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new