In Search of Nudibranchs

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually looked again last night, and I found one. So must be eating them to still be alive this long. But I notice no nems missing that I can tell, and have yet to see a nudi actually touching one. Hopefully more than one survived so they can multiply. I have doubts.
that makes me wonder three things, proper acclimation to ensure their immediate survival, a predator, or a heck of a lot of aptasia behind/in your rock work

clueless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually looked again last night, and I found one. So must be eating them to still be alive this long. But I notice no nems missing that I can tell, and have yet to see a nudi actually touching one. Hopefully more than one survived so they can multiply. I have doubts.
I bought some about 8 months ago for a tank overrun with Aptasia I bought them from reeftown After 2 mos nothing, called the guy (who was very helpful and I think his whole life is devoted to his love of these creatures) he told me to be patient . I really wasn't (and broke the tank down, to change the rock out. I bleached the rock,laid it out to dry,soaked in muriatic acid, than cooked it for 3 mos). He sent me a replacement of what I had ordered,at n/c I paid the shipping. I put them in another tank, they reproduced, and after 2 mos the tank is completely clear of Aptasia. I have tried many different methods, Aptasia-x, pickeling lime, peppermint shrimp to no avail. I found for me this was the only really effective way of getting rid of the little buggers.their will to procreate is amazing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back