Aiptasia -X The Solution??

ARCkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some folks say that, but I have great success with this type of treatment.

Sometimes they come back in the same spot after a few months, but never have I seen the treatment cause an outbreak.

It's firmly in the old wifes tale category for me. It just gets repeated over and over and over.
I use Aiptasia-X in my 125 at home and it does a great job - I have a few pop up once in awhile. In my frag tank at work, for every one I nuked at least five new ones popped up the following week. I ended up euthanizing any frag with exposed skeleton and remounting the remaining frags before moving them to a new tank.

smitten with ocean life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone tried this thing?? i know its $400 but ive spent more than that in peppermint shrimp and berghia! just wondering if it actually works. sounds too good to be true...
Resized_20240501_104932_1714586127735.jpeg
Resized_20240501_104940_1714586126723.jpeg

787john

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia-X may work for small outbreaks, but from my experience doesn't do a good job at all for a large problem and might even have made the problem worse. Copper Band was by far the effective solution, but as we all know this fish is difficult to keep for the long haul. My current File Fish does a good job too, but it's not a good fish if you have long polyp corals.

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this helps many, many people!!! I Just had bought at the time (4 months ago ) Wild caught peppermint shrimp - Lysmata Wurdemanni ONLY..! Wild caught! from SaltwaterAquarium.com. I studied for some three weeks what to do... I was syringing white vinegar and I could NOT keep up, no way. Simply squirt a very fast short pulse right into there mouth! They can NOT close there mouths! And consequently they just EXPLODE..! Try this it works like no other, be sure though to ONLY do a few like in 8 to 14 as you are adding vinegar as in carbon dosing. I do a few for a couple days and then wait and rest 3 or 4 days.

They where hiding everywhere in my tank - lots of live rock- I mean lots..! 280 gallon system 120 and a 90 with a huge 100 gallon sump (more than half full). Added peppermints (4) in the 120 main tank and (1) in 90, and 1 in the ole sump... Done deal 1000% they all - everyone of them of any size was gone completely! Like in zero left in 2 days maybe 3 days total. WILD CAUGHT is the secret..! I would not believe it if I was told. But I saw it happen in my own tanks, and they where infested to the max... No names where I got these from.. But I will never ever get anything from them again.. jerks, man I was ticked off. 28+ year old tanks - never a crash or disease of any kind ever... 350 plus lbs true live rock like you can not get any more never again! But now I really love my new little buddies... I now have them all trained as well, I can pet them and they roll over.. :)

Wild Caught is the secret. NOT TANK RAISED ON PELLETS...!!! Wild Caught they all say they are but... I shopped EVERYWHERE messaging, calling, texting... Lots of my own homework done here on all remedies Aiptasia. I talked to about most of the facilities across the US that had them for sale.. Lot's of home work..! even more. Simple fix very easy, costly huh, not really. Saltwater Aquarium both call them and order some.. They got here extremely fast but where advertised as "Adult Size" and I did get two smaller ones. They will grow..

As for the BerghiasI am not a fan at all after doing all my home work. Getting eaten, never see much, starving, COST of, and the amount of time for clearing the tanks out (very slow movement). And the pastes and calk mixes, and the shocker tubes... ha ha. I wish you luck with that I am not and "I" could not ever get to any of the back side at all. Also to dip and clean your rocks are you kidding me???? A tear down because of Aiptasia infestation is just total madness it's absolutely craziness, and THEN having this plague and going fishing you will be forever domed!

And then there are so, so, many people that have bought every kind of fish to eat them.. And they won't eat them at all. Again most tank raised fish like to be feed either live, frozen, flakes, and pellet's with no clue what one is. And there are more people out there than you can image that have done just that!!!... Truth be told lots..!

Wild caught peppermint shrimp - Lysmata Wurdemanni ONLY!!, it worked out of this world fast and extremely very efficient! Everyone of them was eating them I know I spent hours and hours watching them! in the dark as well. They are right to the the point, done deal babe. One of the easiest saltwater fix's ever.

If I ever need to hit a rogue Aipastia, use "X" or white vinegar. With white vinegar you will not have that white snot crusty stuff gooping all over in your tank either.... Do 50 and see what you end up with... I am I wrong??

Good luck to all fellow reefers...

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back