In-tank chamber

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you have one? Just got my in-tank chamber for my RSM250. Just trying to see how reefers have their filtration chambers set up. Currently from bottom to top I have. Black filter sponge, media, chemi pure blue, phosguard and filter floss at the end.

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always add some seachem matrix but that is because I always seem to be setting up new tanks and I like to be able to steal some for the new tank, instead of having to take some live rock to help cycle it faster.

OP
OP
DinoMagnet

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always add some seachem matrix but that is because I always seem to be setting up new tanks and I like to be able to steal some for the new tank, instead of having to take some live rock to help cycle it faster.
Hmm so if I wanted to upgrade to a 100-125 in the future I should put matrix now? To be able help the cycling?

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would not hurt in my opinion as I have had very good luck with it in the past, and I grow overly attached to my live rock patterns. I have found it to be a very good way to seed a new aquarium or three.

OP
OP
DinoMagnet

DinoMagnet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would not hurt in my opinion as I have had very good luck with it in the past, and I grow overly attached to my live rock patterns. I have found it to be a very good way to seed a new aquarium or three.
Appreciate the info thank you

LardLad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In chamber 1, I use filter floss then Chemi Pure (5oz), then Marine Pure Gems in the bottom. In chamber 2, I have a litre of SeaChem Matrix pumice stones in an onion bag. Works perfect. I keep a little Purigen sac in chamber 3 with the heater that I change when it gets brown.

I would DEFINITELY trash the black sponge immediately. No real good use for it, Also I would put my Filter floss in the first position.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back