In tank refugium?

SaltAddict89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
447
Reaction score
26
Location
Groton,CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the best way to do this? I was thinking going to home depot and buy some thin plexi and caulk it together drill some holes and add a magnet. Other ideas or options?
 
Use a Aqua clear HOB filter. That's what I have in my sump works great. And cheap
 
I just have it hanging off my sump filled it with chato and some other type of plant. Threw a Home Depot clamp light over it with an LED from exotic fish and corals. I'll post a pic soon. Only thing I "made" was cut a small piece of egg crate for the outflow so it doesn't let any chato out.
 
Here is what I use, but it needs modified. Cheaper than AC hob filters after mods.
Amazon.com: Marina Hang-On Breeding Box, Large: Pet Supplies
The large one is 0.5g. I bought a cheap ($5 shipped) pump from ebay I think its like 50gph.
The pump connector fits in the intake of the breeder box. Than I got a cheap led light on ebay also for like $10.
Grows my chaeto like crazy, tons of pods and little sponges. Works great for me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new