In tank Refugium

monkeymanolo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to build an in tank refugium in my 25g Mr. Aqua rimless. Are there any tutorials out there on how to build one? I know the basic layout of a sump, but wanted to know if theres a specific way to do it for a nano that works best.

Equipment recommendations would also be appreciated! So far I have the plexi glass and small thermometer for it.
 
Just do a hang on the back refugium. Thats the best way that i know of. Also you can convert aquaclear filter into a skimmer chamber or whatever you need. Its pretty neat. You have options.
 
I also use the CPR HOB fuge on my RS 260. I use it on the side instead of the back. It's been working great for about 18 months.

But, CPR makes an in sump fuge kit. I bought mine from BRS recently. I believe they come in more then one size. Includes a pump but not a light. I plan on removing the HOB fuge and putting the new CPR fuge in the sump.

RS Max 260.jpg
 
I also use the CPR HOB fuge on my RS 260. I use it on the side instead of the back. It's been working great for about 18 months.

But, CPR makes an in sump fuge kit. I bought mine from BRS recently. I believe they come in more then one size. Includes a pump but not a light. I plan on removing the HOB fuge and putting the new CPR fuge in the sump.

RS Max 260.jpg
I had ran mine on the side as well...had the intake in the left overflow. It was almost like having a mini display fuge on the side...was def a good product
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new