In the middle of creating a mixing station

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I will finish later this week when the unions I need are back in stock, this way I can cut and install them. I will be able to have 2 containers of RO water above. I am debating about adding a second container below to handle more mix, but I think I will wait on that. For tanks that need salt, I have a 135 gallon system, a 65 and a 20. So I am on the fence about adding a second, or doing a second mix on demand. When I realized I installed the RO pump backwards and couldn't unhook the murlock connectors, I knew it was time to hang it up for the night. Obviously lots to do, just at a stopping point. I need to add a 40 foot hose to the camlock connector via a reel, this way I can turn the pump on and have water on demand in either room. I am also installing a sink to the left (Can't wait for the waterheater to have to be changed... lol). In this sink I'll have also a permanent syphoning hose on a reel also, this way, the plan is, I can bring both a hose for new water and a hose to remove water and the only thing I have to transport are 2 hoses.

Yeah, I need to figure out an easy way to get the salt in the container. I am limited on headroom. The pump is below the first shelf. Also, the tube on the left allows for a bucket to fit under it.

My RODI unit only had 30 pounds of pressure, thus I needed to add a pressure pump, now it's at 80. Do you think this could have caused questionable water?

Also, someone gave me an a 5 stage RODI unit. Do you think I should add to more stages of deionizing ? I think I can turn the other two into 1) GFO and 2) Carbon reactors, no?

Anyway, time to go test for alkalinity!

IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0662.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0670 (1).jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back